Software Development Manager, AWS Signer
Are you excited by the chance to experience building a service at AWS scale from the ground up? Do you want to have a high impact on the security of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and their customers?
Code-signing is a brand-new service and we are looking for an experienced software development manager with an interest in practical cryptography to join us in building a foundational service in AWS. Our systems enable both internal Amazon teams and AWS customers globally in securing their digital assets i.e. code, build artifacts and applications. Successful candidates will have experience leading teams to build scalable, customer-centric systems. You should have experience operating a service and growing your customer base to meet their needs. You will work with senior leaders, principal engineers, and security specialists to define the roadmap for a globally distributed cryptographic security service.
Key job responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of software development engineers to build massively scalable digital security systems that is core to all AWS services.
- Owning the complete software development life-cycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, and leading implementation and testing of new features for AWS Cryptography.
- Operating an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers.
- Delivering a secure, highly available, and resilient service in AWS.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
5+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Strong and creative problem solving abilities.
- Deep understanding of Linux systems and networking.
- Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security.
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch.
- Experience building and managing distributed systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.