Software Development Engineer - Amazon Music, Automotive
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
We are at a major inflection point for audio entertainment in the automotive space. Customer research indicates that the car is the most popular place for audio consumption, with 40% share of all listening activity, and given the advances in infotainment tech and connectivity, streaming audio in the car is going through hyper-growth. We are looking for a product leader who will accelerate the future of audio entertainment by defining and building innovative audio experiences in the car catering to tens of millions of customers.
The Automotive group within Amazon Music is a multidisciplinary team comprising product management, mobile and back-end engineering, design and business development. We are responsible for making the Amazon Music experience more accessible and engaging in the car, which remains the most popular place to access music and has 40% share of all listening activity. Initiatives include enhancing the Amazon Music experience on key automotive platforms (Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and other emerging platforms), working directly with select car manufacturers to build an embedded Amazon Music experience using our SDK, improving our backend services and content experiences to be tailored to the car, collaborating with Alexa and Echo Auto teams to create richer music experiences, and other strategic investments to make Amazon Music a delightful experience on the road.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Graduate degree in a related technical field
· Deep knowledge of distributed SOA Architecture, Serverless technologies such as API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, CDK and various AWS technologies.
· Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
· Analytical and creative design skills and excellent communication skills
· Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
· Passionate about building and improving new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.