At Patientco, we are building the future of healthcare payments. We Now Facilitate Payments for 5% of the US Patient Population which means our technology is helping create a better payment experience for over 18 million patients and in turn, providing incredible value to healthcare providers across the U.S.
As the Site Reliability Engineer you will be closely integrated with all developers to ensure that production services and cloud hosting environments are highly scalable, performant, secure and compliant. We look for people who care deeply about how our platform supports our fellow engineers, our client providers, and their end users. This means considering performance considerations, financial flow integrity, user impact, and how your peers will interact with your code. Your experience should include having built and – equally important -- maintained systems with a hard reliability requirement. You should have a knack for understanding how systems scale and how they fail.
Do you like to write back end code or work in AWS? Enjoy working with or know a bit about Kubernetes? Do you know something about deployment pipelines and tools? Then read on!
We’re offering the opportunity to:
- Join a small team working with technical management to build and maintain the tools that ensure site availability. Small team = high impact!
- Work on and build a modern infrastructure and tooling stack (Kubernetes microservices infrastructure).
- Help us solve new and interesting problems such as: Taking a multi-AZ application and making it multi-region, building out a new self-service developer experience, improving and hardening our kubernetes deployments.
- Support development teams as needed with deployments, testing, and integration. Educate team on new technologies and/or standards that are introduced to the engineering team.
- Build, test, and support new features/bug fixes in both new and existing applications and tooling.
Some experience that might help for the opportunity:
- Software development experience in GoLang, PHP, python, ruby, or similar
- Grasp of AWS ecosystems for cloud based infrastructure as code
- Understanding of modern microservices architecture
- Experience in DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience with Kubernetes or other scheduling/orchestration tools
- Experience w/best practices around monitoring/alerting
How we take care of people who work here:
- A collaborative office environment that values excellent communication and collaboration skills, creative problem solving, empathy, open mindedness, extreme attention to detail, a healthy dose of grit and a good sense of humor.
- We pride ourselves on our flexible work environment. We don’t do time tracking, have a dress code, limit PTO, or micro-manage.
- Brand new office in Midtown, Atlanta
- Catered Friday Lunches (along with frequent lunch'n learns, catered trainings, fully stocked fridge and snack pantry, etc.)
- Full Benefits package including health/dental/vision/401K
- Monthly budget for cell phone/office supplies
Check out more information about us at www.patientcolife.com
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our Talent Acquisition Manager - Matt Needleman at firstname.lastname@example.org