At Patientco, we are building the future of healthcare payments. Our technology is helping create a better payment experience for patients and in turn, providing incredible value to healthcare providers across the U.S. Whether you are customer facing or working diligently behind the scenes, everyone at Patientco plays a vital role in improving the healthcare experience of millions of people. It’s a big job, but we wouldn’t have it any other way!
As the Site Reliability Engineer you will be an integral part of the Engineering Team working directly with the Site Reliability and Security team as well as all developers to ensure that production services and cloud hosting environments are highly scalable, performant, secure and compliant. You should care deeply about how your platform supports both your fellow engineers, our client providers, and their end users. This means considering performance considerations, financial flow integrity, user impact, and how your peers will interact with your code. Your experience should include having built and – equally important -- maintained systems with a hard reliability requirement. You should have a knack for understanding how systems scale and how they fail.
Do you like to write back end code or work in AWS? Enjoy working with or know a bit about Kubernetes? Do you know something about deployment pipelines and tools? Then read on!
- Fundamental understanding of Linux systems
- Grasp of cloud based infrastructure ecosystems such as AWS and/or GoogleCloud
- Infrastructure as code
- Scripting and/or development in bash, php, python or go
- Basic MySQL queries, replication, configuration, etc.
- Understanding of monitoring and alerting for modern containerized web applications
- Experience with Kubernetes for container scheduling and orchestration
- Security fundamentals: TLS, Encryption, Certificates, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following roles: Software Development, DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering
- Build and maintain the tools that ensure site availability
- Support development teams as needed with deployments, testing, and integration
- Participate in engineering code reviews
- Perform audits on code base and cloud ecosystems to maintain and improve security, reliability and efficiency
- Utilize enterprise and open source tools/software to support deployments and maintain uptime
- Define / educate team on new technologies and/or standards that are introduced to the engineering team
- Build, test, and support new features/bug fixes in both new and existing applications and tooling
- Find the path forward for support tools and infrastructure decisions
We are a team at Patientco and that’s not just some corporate mumbo jumbo. We expect a ton out of everyone here but that’s what makes it great. The whole is far greater than the sum of its parts. We value excellent communication and collaboration skills, creative problem solving, empathy, open mindedness, extreme attention to detail, a healthy dose of grit and a good sense of humor.
We take care of our own at Patientco. Some of the highlights include our infamous “Free Food Fridays”, casual dress code, no vacation tracking, monthly social events, and of course a full benefits package including health/dental/vision/401k. Bottom line: it’s a great place to work!