Zurich is currently hiring an Underwriting Account Associate II. This opportunity is located in Atlanta, GA.
As an Underwriting Account Associate II you will support and work closely with experienced Underwriters in the review and analysis of risks. Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking abilities are required in this position.
Underwriting Associates are charged with a variety of tasks including:
- Responsible for evaluating exposures/controls, evaluating loss history, assessing financial condition, for the most complex business accounts. Underwriting authority is not granted.
- Working collaboratively with the underwriters regarding policy content; policy endorsements; billing; coverage forms; procedures, etc., and partners with underwriters and participates in broker/customer meetings, when needed.
- Communicating directly with brokers phone and email.
- Utilizing rating rules to determine premium for specific risks including commission calculations.
- Issuing new business policies, renewals, endorsements and handling billing issues for highly complex business.
- Will provide service to the customers, support the needs of the business, respond to inquiries and share expertise with others.
- Bachelor’s Degree and No Prior ExperienceOR
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 2 or more years of experience in the Administrative or Customer Service or Data Entry or Financial Services or Risk Management areaAND
- Some travel may be required
- 2 or more years of Commercial Lines Underwriting experience
- Experience with data collection and analysis
- Excellent customer service orientation and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of processing, rating and policy issuance systems
- Detail oriented
- Organizational, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Team player able to work collaboratively with others located in other offices/cities
- Knowledge of loss sensitive type programs
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 55,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.