Sr. Transportation Planner
Jacobs has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic, highly organized, Senior Transportation Planner to join our team of planners, engineers, and scientists.
As a key member of Jacobs’ transportation organization, you will be responsible for the execution of transportation planning, preparing planning studies and documentation, and working directly with clients. The ideal candidate should possess a “can-do” attitude, excellent verbal and written communication skills, capability to manage multiple assignments, and ability to coordinate between professionals in multiple contributing disciplines. The candidate must be a client-facing leader for local projects as well as engage with our global technology team on an array of transportation planning projects.
As a transportation planner, you’ll have the chance to focus on the multi-modal engineering and transportation planning needs in Georgia and support transportation projects across the Southeast and beyond. Working with other members of our multi-disciplined team, you’ll lead designs and planning projects of varying complexities and size. During your time with us, you will have client engagement and project management responsibilities, have mentorship opportunities to share your deep knowledge of transportation planning principles, and help build our transportation planning team. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team, help us grown our local transportation team and build upon our depth of planning resources, and lay the foundation for human progress.
- Serve as the project manager or task leader on planning and design of complex multi-modal urban transportation projects, feasibility studies, multimodal studies, and public participation strategy development and implementation
- Maintain and grow relationships with our regional and local clients
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects with various topics and complexity levels
- Develop, maintain and update project budgets and schedules
- Lead development of project deliverables and provide quality management
- Work directly with clients and deliver superior service
- Manage project finances and contract requirements
- Conduct technical analysis and prepare project reports
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations
- Represent Jacobs at conferences, seminars, and industry organizations and events
- Experience in innovative planning initiatives including smart growth, new urbanism and sustainability
- Active in regional industry organizations
- BS or MS graduate of an engineering discipline
- Ability to independently apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses for problems and methods as well as provide technical guidance to planners, designers and engineers
Ideally you'll have:
- At least 12 years of experience in transportation planning
- Masters’ degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Transportation Planning or equivalent experience
- Client and stakeholder coordination
- Georgia Professional Engineer License or ability to obtain one through reciprocity within 6 months or AICP