Schneider is seeking an experienced Senior Shop Manager to be accountable for ensuring internal line of business satisfaction, lowering the cost of repairs, and increasing equipment availability in a Maintenance Shop. This includes the development and execution of long and short-range goals, action plans, and effective leadership of the shop associates. With Schneider, you are part of a sustainable, environmentally conscious company, with a commitment to our communities and a resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity respect and excellence in all we do.
About the role:
- Reinforce and demonstrate Schneider's core values and support our core value of safety first and always. Addressing any unsafe behaviors, auditing for safety compliance, and ensuring all visitors in the shop are safe.
- Accountable for all maintenance costs, equipment availability, and repair decisions for fleet units. This includes frequent communication with the Line of Business for approvals and to understand the business needs and the priority of the equipment.
- Appropriately staff the shop for the skills needed. This includes creating a staffing plan, working with Recruiters, conducting interviews, making offers, and on-boarding new associates.
- Set performance goals both for the shop as a whole and for individuals. Identify and execute action plans associated with those goals.
- Create and sustain a high- performance environment through your leadership processes and actions.
As an associate you will enjoy a strong work/life balance that includes paid vacation and holidays along with paid personal time off. You will also have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance and enjoy our company-paid life insurance and 401(k) savings with a company funded retirement plan. Schneider is dedicated to continuous individual development and offers a wide variety of opportunities through company-paid training and more than 170 personal development courses.
Our preferred candidate will have:
- College degree and/or 4 years of relevant shop leadership experience
- Strong communication skills and influence skills
- Analytical mindset and a high level of creativity related to identification and implementation of new initiatives
- Ability to organize and multi-task efficiently
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, weve grown and evolved to become a nearly $5 billion company (2019 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.