Sr. Program Manager - Middle Mile Transportation Technology
It’s no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost. The Middle Mile Transportation Technology organization, builds complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, unique delivery models for products ranging from AmazonFresh groceries, ultra-fast Prime Now deliveries to big-screen TV’s, increasingly complex transportation network, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we see a brand new opportunity to fundamentally change the way people get the stuff they need, and make a big impact by cutting billions of dollars of transportation costs from the ecosystem. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. As part of this team you would work on technology programs for an exciting and confidential initiative in the middle mile transportation organization. You will regularly interact with executive leadership on defining and delivering cross-organizational and/or cross-regional programs to deliver solutions and mechanisms that resolve complex problems. You will operate with autonomy, showing high judgement in decisions that have business and possibly technical implications. You’ll work in a fast paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains. As a multi-discipline leader, the buck will stop with you - you will identify and tackle intrinsically hard problems. To accomplish this, you will be expected to represent, verbally and in writing, complex decisions, tough trade-offs, and potential solutions clearly to VPs, and when needed SVPs with a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
You should be somebody who is adept at building consensus. You align teams toward coherent strategies. Experience to bring clarity to complexity, probe assumptions, illuminate pitfalls, and foster shared understanding. You must have experience leading multiple disciplines. Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired companies in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and #1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
· 5+ years of experience in program management, project management, business development or technology
· Experience solving ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven experience in Project and Program Management – you model best practices in communications (status reports, program documents, stakeholder management), planning and scheduling, identifying critical path, managing within budget and resource constraints, managing risk, and escalating appropriately
· Logistics experience preferred
· Proven record of innovation and thought leadership
· Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects or programs on tight deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.