Senior Program Manager
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Fleet team is looking for an experienced, innovative, analytical, and creative Sr. Program Manager to execute against North America Line Haul’s (NALH) trailer availability and utilization goals. Come join our start-up culture, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. You will be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done. You will be able to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, and then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The Sr. Program Manager for Trailer Availability owns and is accountable for the availability of the NALH trailer fleet. Our customers are the numerous internal and external-facing programs that use AZNG trailers every day to move freight in support of our customers. This Sr. Program Manager will develop the strategies for maximizing trailer availability across numerous programs, create corresponding roadmaps and define requirements for tools that will support our fast-growing fleet of trailers. The Sr. Program Manager will define, build, and implement a series of data sets, tools, and mechanisms that will enable teams across NALH to categorize, root cause, and implement solutions that maximize trailer availability and utilization. The Sr. Program Manager will also help build, grow, and integrate predictive analytics into how the Fleet Team manages trailer availability and utilization.
You will be the right Sr. Program Manager if you are:
A leader – you are passionate about building great solutions and you consistently rally colleagues, partners and customers to join you in the cause. You can communicate a vision as effectively as you are able to be clear about tenets and priorities. Colleagues hope their next project will include you.
An operator – you value the reflection and ongoing effort required to continuously improve the way your team functions and collaborates with each other and with other teams. You are highly effective working with operators, analysts, and finance.
Customer-focused – you are a strong voice on the team and in daily decisions for making the right trade-offs and protecting high standards on behalf of the customer. You prioritize diving deep on customer data and feedback.
Results-oriented – you rally your team to meet their commitments to each other and to customers. Setting the strategy is not enough. Seeing your solutions ship, scale and make a measurable impact on customers’ lives fuels you.
Fearless – you are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, battle skepticism and are willing to fail in the name of learning what works best over the long term.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, or other quantitative discipline from an accredited university OR 2+ years of Amazon experience
· 5+ years’ experience as a project/program manager, ideally in a logistics or supply chain environment
· Experience delivering transportation performance and service to customers
· Experience communicating with VP-level decision makers; including communicating expectations and requirements with business and technology teams through written proposals
· Please note, 25+% travel is required for this position
· MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, or similar field from an accredited university
· Experience in Automotive, Fleet Management Leadership roles
· Detail oriented with strong prioritization skills
· Ability to work independently and excellent problem solving skills
· Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads, maintain a strong attention to detail and work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design workable solutions and drive projects to successful implementation
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
· Ability to work in ambiguous environments and overcome challenges with a high degree of flexibility and professionalism
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.