Job Title: Senior Product Designer
Location: Atlanta / Remote
Why You'll Love SalesLoft:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are, that have empowered our staggering growth, and could be instrumental to your career development
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with offices in San Francisco, New York, London and Guadalajara, SalesLoft has over 450 employees and is growing rapidly. As a testament to our Organizational Health, SalesLoft has been named twice by Deloitte as a 'Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,' featured by The New York Times as a start-up on a path to a $1B valuation, and has been recognized as a '#1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta' three separate years. SalesLoft is ranked #1 in the emerging category of Sales Engagement software and is on a mission to equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience.
We're redefining an age old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We're fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!
Although we're proud of our history, we're just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent.
We're looking for a talented Product Designer who wants the rare opportunity to help define and build the future of the fast-growing industry category of sales engagement.
You will design new, innovative customer experiences that will help sales teams across the globe do their work faster, better, and make them happier while doing so.
Great design and sophisticated simplicity is vital to delighting our users and driving adoption among our 2,000+ customers. An important part of this will be bringing design best practices from consumer app experiences to our B2B product, because we want customers to love working in our product every single day.
You will design product initiatives while advocating for the end-user in all things relating to our core platform: wireframes, prototypes, and beautiful UI. Do you get excited about solving customer needs? Do you have a passion for usability, an eye for visual consistency, and a knack for reducing the complex to the bare essentials? You will have an opportunity to make a difference at SalesLoft.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a self-starting, collaborative, and inspiring teammate with a high proficiency in visual design and user-centered practices. Specifically, you will play a pivotal role in designing experiences for our Sales Engagement platform.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for delivering designs for multiple product surfaces as well as collaborate on the global design experience of the platform. You must be able to articulate your design solutions to cross-functional teams as well as executive stakeholders. To thrive in this role, you will keep up with industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs.
If you're looking for an opportunity to learn more, do more, and become more than previously possible… if you're passionate about innovation, growth and serving customers and thrive in a fast-paced, developmental environment, then becoming a Product Designer is the career path for you!
Our SalesLoft's Prod/Dev team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming technologists who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The Product Design team consists of results-oriented professionals with a strong problem-solving mentality and a desire to serve our customers. The Lofters on our team share a few common traits: they are self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate about technology and design. They are also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- A strong foundation in user-centered design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions effectively to senior stakeholders and team members alike.
- Ability to plan your work executing against deadlines. Find ways to maximize the efficiency within the development methodology.
- Ability to keep the interface beautiful and easy to use. Direct the visual appearance of new features and enhancements to our software application.
- Be intentional in discovery. Be judicious and systematic in instrumenting value for customers.
- Communicate design standards to collectively create a scalable and consistent experience.
- Seek to understand users and meet them where they are. Design efficient interactions by removing obstacles.
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Act as “go to“ with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards. Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations.
- Take the initiative in providing input and feedback in both departmental discussions and issues relating to other departments.
- Use user insight, analytics, best practices, and competitive analysis to inform design decisions.
- Effectively negotiate trade-offs with product management and engineering
- Have a grasp of popular, lightweight user research practices.
- Previous startup experience is a huge plus.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Become the expert on the market and its problems by interviewing and observing customers and potential customers.
- Identify quick win improvements in the current user experience of the app that improve the day to day lives of users.
- Support the product development team on achievement of goals, working closely with Product Managers and User Experience Researchers to prepare designs for development that align with the product vision.
- Learn and understand our development process for feature releases, inter-team communication, and processes. Offer solutions on integrating design into the development process.
WITHIN TWO MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Have credible conversations with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including development frameworks, scalability and performance.
- Collaborate with engineering on product development during the discovery phase to assess value, usability and design of product features.
- Active involvement in strategic (the “why“), not just tactical (the “how“) realities of the design decisions you make.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Help with larger design initiatives, the overall visual consistency of the platform, and contribute to ongoing design process improvements that help the organization build beautiful experiences at a fast pace.
- Champion customer feedback and translate into major themes that reflect our customer's perception of the SalesLoft brand. Offer suggestions on continuous improvements that win our customers hearts.
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead UI improvements for a more intuitive user-experience.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let's do that!“ and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.