Sr Partner Solution Architect, Startups
This is the role for someone who wants to help partners, specifically startups, build their products on AWS. This team works with startups that are doing just about anything, so the right candidate will be open to learning about new technology and collaborating with other teams.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work directly with AWS engineering teams and startup partners. You will be helping to prioritize product roadmaps, assist with architecture design, and help startups promote their products. We also work with partners at scale, writing technical papers, participating in webinars, and speaking at conferences to promote best practices for AWS partners.
You will have experience with building and operating cloud systems. Good communication skills are important in this role— we do a lot of writing and speaking.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide architectural guidance for startups that are building products on AWS
- Write technical white papers, blog posts, and provide specific technical guidance to partner engineering teams
- Support high scale partner development business team
- Advise partners on opportunities to grow their business with AWS
- Capture and share field learnings with AWS engineering teams
- Promote partners internally and externally with webinars and speaking opportunities
- Turn big ideas into products and services, and help influence the direction of AWS
Up to 30% travel is required.
Position may be located in Austin, San Francisco/Bay Area, Seattle, New York, Herndon, Boston, Irvine, Santa Monica, Atlanta, or Dallas. Relocation offered from within the United States to any of these locations.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- Experience with programmatic process development and implementation
- Recent experience working at or with startups.
- Expertise in at least one of these technology areas: databases, networking, storage.
- Broad knowledge of the cloud technology partner ecosystem and related products.
- Passion for a broad set of technologies related to the cloud ecosystem.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Experience writing and publishing technical documents.
- Customer facing skills and public speaking skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.