Sr. Partner Sales Manager: SMB
As a Partner Sales Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share of Amazon Web Services and grow adoption of cloud-based solutions. In the role, you will establish and maintain C-level, sales, and product relationships with strategic GSI/SI consulting partners to drive AWS services revenue with AWS account teams and customers. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these accounts, you will be responsible for creating and closing opportunities with partners that drive top line AWS revenue growth and overall market adoption with AWS customers.
You will possess both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales executives to support the AWS and SI sales processes. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against partner account plans and a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on revenue targets. The position also requires a strong technical acumen, along with working knowledge of software architecture and the enterprise software landscape.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical with multiple account teams and partners and/or with a specific list of strategic consulting partners with defined revenue and win targets
2. Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets by helping GSI/SI partners originate and work with AWS sales teams to close opportunities that drive AWS revenues with prospects and customers.
3. Build deep relationships with customers and strategic SI partner(s) appropriate to your territory to fully understand their business, solutions and technical needs
4. Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan supporting multiple account teams and/or specific assigned partners to drive achievement of revenue and win goals
5. Execute this plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account teams, specialist sales teams, services teams and BD, partner marketing and partner development resources)
6. Develop long-term strategic relationships with key strategic GSI/SI partners
7. Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services to customers and partners
8. Maintain a robust sales pipeline
9. Work with partners to extend reach & drive AWS adoption
10. Support consulting partners as they develop their solutions through formal AWS APN programs in partnership with GSI/SI PDMs (and other resources)
11. Ensure customer and partner satisfaction
12. Provide technical and architectural resources to assist your partners in customer engagements and their delivery of solutions to market, including assisting them with ISV partnerships
13. Drive business development initiatives in your territory in partnership with Partner Development resources and marketing and GTMS teams to help drive opportunities to solutions built on AWS and ensure that AWS is their preferred platform
14. Prepare and give business reviews to AWS and ISV senior management teams
15. Manage contract negotiations and AWS funding programs
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 7+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
- 5+ years of direct field experience selling software or cloud solutions
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- Experience communicating and presenting to Sr. leadership
· Track record of developing sustainable new business
· Extensive customer and partner network
· Verbal and written communications skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
**Any U.S. AWS Corporate offices or virtual locations will be considered depending on your experience and relative location to key stakeholders/AWS offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records