Senior Manager, LEAD Project Management Program
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The LEAD program is a leadership development program that provides an opportunity for early career talent to obtain rapid career development and serve as a pipeline for future leadership needs at Cox. This role requires recruiting, training, developing, managing, and mentoring a team of early career resources. These resources will be deployed to a variety of projects and roles. This role partners with stakeholders, internal customers, and cross-functional teams to develop and deliver successful resources, deliverables, and projects.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Motivate and drive the team to reach excellence
- Manage and mentor a team of early career resources
- Assist with project ramp up and preparation
- Collaborate on deliverables with resources, provide templates, review first drafts, and ensure work is of the highest quality
- Strategize with resources on approaches to problems, next steps, risks/issues with the approach, etc
- Sit in meetings with resources to observe and provide coaching
- Confer with and advise team on administrative policies and procedures, priorities, and methods
- Ensure adherence to the defined methods and procedures
- Monitor performance on an ongoing basis and create a mechanism to track long term performance over 5+ years
- Take a proactive approach to ensure team member / project success and to resolve resource / project challenges
- Execute tasks required for people management: time tracking, time reporting, quarterly appraisals from project teams, mid-year and year-end performance reviews
- Provide both positive and critical feedback in a professional manner
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and resources to drive success
- Connect on a regular basis with project teams and mentors to obtain feedback
- Continually develop teammates, catering to individual needs. This includes but is not limited to soft skills, hard skills, business acumen, facilitation, leadership, influence, and deliverables
- Market the LEAD program internally and proactively work to develop a culture that builds, teaches, mentors, and retains internal talent
- Drive account management activities with various stakeholders generally at the Director to Executive Director levels in the organization
- Identify future job rotations that help develop individuals while delivering value to the business in parallel
LEAD Program Management
- Manage budget for the team including, but not limited to; salaries, benefits, charge-outs, equipment, training, and events
- Anticipate future needs for the program to support business changes
- Identify necessary changes to the program including ideal candidate makeup, recruitment, onboarding, training, and internal processes
- Overall support and possible ownership of LEAD modules: Recruiting, training, staffing, continuing education, performance management, and team culture
- 7+ years of related experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in a management or lead role
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and process design
- Motivated, creative self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects/activities of varying sizes and duration
- Ability to adjust to changing duties and additional responsibilities per department and company needs
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- BS/BA degree in related discipline
- Direct leadership experience
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.