SR Human Resources Manager
The ideal candidate will support the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) function for the SSC to help drive talent management and HR programs that will help foster a work environment that inspires excellence, promotes positive working relationships and encourages an atmosphere where employees feel valued and recognized.
If this sounds like a career opportunity you would like to pursue, check out the requirements and job functions below.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partners with the Sr. Human Resources Director to understand and execute the organizations human resource strategy particularly as it relates to retention, and succession planning.
- Enhances the organizations human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by being the point of contact for the development, revision and maintenance of job descriptions.
- Facilitates the new hire orientation program by being the champion of the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality to provide a connection for new hires and the organization.
- Assists with the development and implementation of career development, succession planning and mentoring programs.
- Tracks and reports on the HR metrics for the SSC to include turnover, bench strength and engagement.
- Manages the I-9 and unemployment process for SSC employees.
- Manages the recordkeeping related to terminations, employee documentations, transfers and promotions.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR highly desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of current state, local and federal laws (EEO, FLSA, etc.) and the ability to understand, analyze and interpret complex legal, regulatory and HR related documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Working Conditions (travel & environment)
- Limited travel required including air and car travel.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate.
Sedentary Work Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Note: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.