Senior Compensation Analyst
Cox Enterprises is hiring two Senior Compensation Analysts to join our Atlanta Team! As a Senior Compensation Analyst, you will report to the Director of Compensation and will be responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs and compensation related project work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintains and analyzes ongoing compensation programs; evaluates jobs using market data and established evaluation systems and/or procedures; audits evaluation of jobs; ensures compliance with all legal aspects of the compensation function.
- Counsels’ leaders regarding the development of job summaries and/or descriptions; role clarification, lines of demarcation from one function to another and development of defensible minimum/preferred qualifications.
- Partners with division compensation counterparts to maintain the enterprise-wide career framework.
- Participates in complex compensation surveys; prepares and analyzes survey data; recommends changes to compensation programs to maintain the company’s competitive position in the marketplace.
- Produces reports and analyzes compensation data to support client deliverables such as merit budget, salary structure management, and incentive plan data.
- Submits, tracks, and communicates the creation of job codes or changes to job attributes.
- Leads the process for the administration of merit & equity programs; reviews proposed changes in pay for conformance to policy; prepares analysis in support of establishing merit budgets.
- Consults with management to assess competitive labor market trends and specific business needs as they relate to compensation.
- Develops, recommends, and implements compensation process and policy changes.
- Provides functional guidance, advice and/or training to less-experienced compensation staff.
- Conducts statistical analyses to create actionable insights for department leadership.
- Presents data and provides recommendations to department senior leadership for their use in making operational decisions, identifying process improvements, and developing policy development to support change initiatives.
- Collaborates with colleagues in the function and boundary partners to conduct root cause analysis, create recommendations for improvement and identify ad hoc areas for additional research into trends.
What’s In It For You?
- Good question. Cox believes in supporting everyone on our team, and that would include competitive pay and a busload of benefits that give you options and opportunities to grow and thrive.
- We’ll set you up with a competitive salary and load you up with some great benefits, from retirement (a company matching 401(K)), Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits from day one, tuition reimbursement, and free internet and other discounted services from Cox Communications (in certain markets).
- We’re big on work-life balance, so expect some flexible vacation days, plus paid holidays.
- We’re also big on inclusion and we want you to bring your authentic self to your work. We believe in mutual respect and honoring who people are … if you feel the same way, you’ve found the right place. So, know that we want you to feel at home…and to make others feel at home as well.
- We know you like to give back to the community, so we make it easy to do so, with employee volunteer opportunities.
- If this role feels like a great fit, we’re happy to support your long career on that path. However, if you find you have different aspirations, well, we want you to grow with us…so if a different area of the Cox ecosystem fuels your ambition, let us help you map your way there. You may have guessed by now, but we don’t do corporate ladders here. We do jungle gyms. So, climb, swing, and explore. Earn an advanced degree, learn a new skill, join a mentoring program. It’s all there for you…so let us know how we can help you grow.
- 5 or more years of experience required in a related field (i.e., Compensation, Human Resources, Financial Analysis)
- 3 or more years of experience required if the candidate possesses a related advanced degree.
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Human Resources, Business, Mathematics, etc.).
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.