Sr. Analyst, Commercial Analytics and Pricing
Location: Atlanta office
- This role is Atlanta based with no relocation assistance
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Analyst, Commercial Analytics and Pricing for the Commercial Excellence team, reporting to the Sr. Commercial Director, who will work on a wide scope of commercial projects with a degree of independence and ownership performing various commercial analyses and building new commercial and pricing databases, tools and processes to help drive transformative change and process improvements. Sr. Analyst will drive big projects from start to finish.
The role requires advanced analytical skills, experience collecting and combining various types of data and working with diverse data from disparate data sources. Main focus areas of the Commercial Excellence team include:
(1) price development and commercial terms for new business (i.e., RFPs) and contract renewals, including customer negotiations
(2) commercial process improvement and best practices, with a special focus on contract management, Key Account management and commercial training for the team;
(3) commercial analyses and building new commercial tools
- Develops a framework and process to collect, track and analyze business intelligence (BI), including competitive, market and customer data
- Collects and normalizes various data into database(s) to improve quality and automation of pricing and other commercial decisions and strategies. Such data includes company's internal operational and financial data as well as competitive pricing, competitive intelligence, customer-specific data, and customer contracts.
- Combines and analyzes various data to identify opportunities for commercial improvements such as profitability, operational efficiency, etc.
- Develops framework and tools for sophisticated pricing and automation of analytics
- Develops framework, templates or tools for the larger Commercial team to elevate their operational efficiency, such as an analytical framework for finding opportunities to provide more or less service to customers based on the operational data
- Develops price adjustment models and owns price tracking; partners with stakeholders to ensure that due price increases and other terms are timely executed and consistently enforced
- Draws actionable BI insights and organizes reporting and communication to stakeholders
- Tracks industry and market indices used in pricing reviews and other commercial processes and develops easy to use tools for different audiences and purposes
- Develops and partners with the Commercial, BI and Finance teams to develop and implement various analyses, metrics and business analysis tools and drives the deployment throughout Rubicon
- Performs multiple ongoing and ad-hoc analyses as requested or as needed to identify opportunities and to drive projects and improvements
There are plenty of additional responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally and drive other strategic projects like:
- Develop profitability improvement plans for key accounts
- Contribute to and drives profit improvement initiatives including price recommendations, commercial terms and customer-specific cost-out activities
- Supports bid/tender/RFP process providing pricing, customer profitability analysis, evaluation of risks and opportunities
- Supports and drives contract renewals and preparations for customer negotiations
- Reviews and recommends commercial terms and contract language for new accounts and renewals
Key Performance Indicators:
- Communicates with supervisor, team and stakeholders pro-actively, timely and clearly regarding work progress, timelines, obstacles, results and challenges
- Understands and communicates the why: ensures to understand why projects, tasks and activities are done and how they are connected to company goals; clearly communicates the “why“ to stakeholders to effectively influence them for process change and improvement
- Aligns individual activities and goals with business needs and goals; targets actions to execute effectively; plans and prioritizes work to meet important timelines and stated deadlines
- Earns trust of the team and stakeholders, continuously strives for self-development and helps co-workers
- Partners and works effectively with others in a highly collaborative team environment; recognizes performance of others and celebrates wins
- Ensures accuracy of analytical and other work, validates results and output to ensure quality work product, identifies important assumptions, data sources and other information for best fact-based decisions. Takes action and problem solves without prompting when issues arise
- Continuously strives to improve commercial and pricing processes and capabilities for the company
- Draws insights and makes recommendations from analyses and shares with supervisor, within team and other stakeholders pro-actively and without prompting
Education & Required Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related
- A minimumof 4 years of experience working in Analytical, Data Science, Pricing, Commercial Excellence, Finance, Sales Operations roles
- Strong analytical mindset and advanced analytical skills and a proven record of building sophisticated analytics in Excel. Advanced Excel skills as well as experience in SQL and Power BI (or like data visualization tool) required
- Must be self-directed, self-motivated and a self-starter
- Experience performing advanced data analysis, articulating and explaining analyses and presenting results
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with supervisors, employees, customers, employees and business partners
- Interest in the environment and sustainability
- Up to 5% travel requirement
About Rubicon Global
Rubicon Global is a technology company that powers a digital marketplace, provides a suite of SaaS products for waste, recycling, and smart city solutions, and collects and analyzes data for businesses and governments worldwide.
Rubicon is using technology for social good, to help turn neighborhoods into greener and smarter cities. The company is a Certified B Corporation, which means we align our business with purpose.
Rubicon's mission is to end waste in all of its forms. This starts with the physical waste that businesses, governments and organizations produce in their daily operations. But it goes a step further to include wasted time, wasted money, and wasted energy. It starts with keeping materials out of landfills and creating a more circular economy through recycling and reuse, and expands to include creating a more efficient and effective society.
Through technology, Rubicon is transforming the entire category of the waste and recycling industry. With the advent of artificial intelligence, big data, and machine learning, the world of both residential and commercial waste and recycling is going to be entirely different 50 years from now, and Rubicon is the catalyst that is driving that change.
Rubicon Global is a Certified B Corp and an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.