Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform. As the Enterprise Support operation for AWS, we deal with the biggest, most complex customers, manage an huge population of dedicated specialists and the associated problems inherent in keeping such as huge operation executing optimally and delivering the best possible support for our customers.
You recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation. You write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data as well as analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. Developing pragmatic analyses and choosing applicable solutions that add value to your business area, you understand data resources and know how, when, and which to use (and which not to use).
By recognizing and using advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems, you develop analyses (whether fully formed or exploratory) for the business’ sake, not for analyses’ sake.
You seek to understand the business objectives relevant to your area and align your work to those objectives and seek to deliver business value.
What you will do:
· Work with business stakeholders to define business problems and deliver minimum lovable products in days and weeks.
· Deliver analysis and develop predictive models in an Agile development environment.
· Collaborate with business analysts, data engineering peers, Business operations, finance, and customers to deliver scalable consumption of analytics insights and statistics.
· Support the analytical needs of the team inclusive of routine reporting, statistical inference, predictive modeling, simulation, and visualization
· Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field;
· 3+ year of experience in business intelligence and statistical analysis role;
· 3+ years experience with SQL/Python/VBA;
· 3+ years power user with Tableau/PowerBI or other BI tools;
· 3+ years experience in building relational databases, reporting/BI platforms or leveraging statistics for data analytics;
· 3+ years experience in modern data warehousing techniques (dimensional data modeling, experience with ETL, etc.);
· 3+ years creation and ownership of metrics/reporting/dashboards/financial models for the different Business reviews cycles;
· Data science expert with Machine Learning experience;
· Attention to detail, passion for processes, systems and data mining.
· Experienced listener, quick learner, and able to handle ambiguity;
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
· Exposure to AWS is desired but not required.
· Master’s degree or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline
· 5+ years of work experience of analyzing and interpreting data as a business intelligence engineer, data engineer, or at a similar capacity
· Experience with ETL development and data warehousing
· Experience with creating and building predictive/optimization tools that benefit the business and improve customer experience
· Experience with AWS QuickSight
AWS Support values diversity of thought and wants to grow by hiring people with a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences that allow us to continue innovating for complex problems. If you are interested in shaping the future of Amazon AWS Support organization, apply to learn more about this exciting opportunity. Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.