The Sr. Analyst is responsible for providing overall assistance to Sales Teams and Sales Leadership by sharing data based insights with all segments of sales and client groups. The primary roles of the Sr. Analyst will be to solve current and emerging Sales operation problems using advanced quantitative methods and to assist as a backup for the Analyst managing the automated reporting through Alteryx.
- Review and evaluate current systems, technology, reporting tools and workflows to streamline future processes
- Creation and maintenance of various sales reports
- Own and deliver automated and semi-automated reports such as activity reporting, lead generation and referral reporting, pipeline reporting, prospect and product penetration and opportunity reporting for sales teams
- Have overall accountability for the quality and quantity of the metrics delivered on an as needed and scheduled basis
- Responsible for scoping and organizing business unit change projects and strategic initiatives, including the consultation and implementation of the Reporting Transformation change strategy and long-range strategic initiatives
- Work cross-functionally across the organization, to ensure all participating parties have committed to effective implementation of value messaging
- Consult and provide guidance to sales teams, clients, and leaders on prioritizing, sequencing, and accelerating critical initiatives through data-based decision-making and insightsServe as point of contact for sponsors and key stakeholders on Dealer Sales Analytics projects and programs.
- Work with the Director/Sr. Director on areas of opportunity across teams, to include communication needs, assistance with managing expectations and training opportunities
- Lead project initiatives such as participating in critical thinking and brainstorming sessions with cross functional groups
- Identify communication gaps and areas of improvement across the business as well as formulate the business needs for resolution
- Innovate relentlessly to identify gaps and opportunities for testing products, capabilities and insights initiatives to position AT/KBB as Best in Class
- Identify and exploit industry trends to test and recommend new product enhancements or offerings, which could be adopted across Cox Automotive properties
- Monitor client retention data and create the basis for foundational, empirical tools and products which will prevent clients from churning
- Present key findings and analysis in well-articulated written (powerpoint) deck format and verbal face to face or video conference mediums to Executive Leadership for recommended approaches to solving key business problems with data as the foundation for future direction and next steps
- 3 years of relevant analytical experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Math, or related field required
- MS or relevant certifications strongly preferred plus 1-3 years analytical experience
- Must be comfortable navigating large, complex and possibly disparate data sets. Must be comfortable selecting, transforming, and joining from those sets from using SQL. Must be comfortable writing these queries from scratch or altering existing.
- Must be comfortable navigating and trouble-shooting Excel dashboards. Experience building dynamic Excel dashboards preferred.
- Experience solving business problems using advanced quantitative methods or statistical models (clustering, regression, ANOVA, etc.).
- Ability to troubleshoot data stream or process flow related inconsistencies, outages, or presumed defects. Comfortable interacting with the variety of internal stakeholders related to data, such as Product or Engineering.
- Experience in translating moderate to complex data insights into consumable and relevant insights for non-analytic internal and external stakeholders. Experience in “story-telling“ with data.
- Experience working with moderate to complex internal or derived data metrics. Experience calculating appropriate analytical metrics, such as percentage share, averages, weighted averages, or other normalized measures to drive insights and solve data-powered problems.
- Possesses the motivation to dig into a business challenge and present potential solutions with little to no direction
- Interested and able to act as a leader and mentor for other less-analytical peers and team members.
- Ability to work independently.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build strong trusted working relationships with internal and external business customers at all levels to include executive level management.
- Strong analytical skills – masterful with excel and experienced in analyzing sales data to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Exposure to workflows powered by Alteryx.
Required Technical Skill Proficiency:
- Microsoft Excel
- Some statistical programming language (SAS, R, Python, etc.)
Highly Preferred Technical Skills:
- Other Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Adobe Analytics and other products (Workbench, Ad Hoc Analysis, etc.)
- Using SQL workbench applications or other data repositories (such as Snowflake, IBM Aginity, Microsoft SQL Workbench, Oracle-based products, AWS S3 buckets, etc.)