Remote EPIC Denial Claims Specialist
Prestige Staffing is looking for a EPIC Claims Specialist to work remote on a 4.5 month temp to hire position. Must have high speed internet and be able to work remote. Monday – Friday 8 – 4:30 EST with a half hour lunch or hour lunch until 5 pm EST. The EPIC Denial Claims Specialist is responsible for resolving previously denied third-party payer claims for a variety of hospital providers.
- Self-motivate to achieve monthly team revenue goals within virtual business office environment
- Identify and resolve underlying complex denials to obtain timely payment of claims for clients
- Respectfully implement client specific protocols and procedures
- Manage a personal account inventory made up of diverse clients and complex denials
- Make initial calls on all new accounts, and maintain professional relationships with payer representatives
- Work new accounts and priority accounts within 48 business hours
- Use professional notation that is clear, concise, and comprehensive throughout the complex denial resolution process
- Demonstrate proficiency with web portals, client systems, and databases as necessary to document and resolve accounts
- Identify accounts that require substantive review by the coding and utilization review departments
- Timely prepare and submit appeals with required documentation
- Ability to review a medical record and substantiate an argument based on medical necessity from the review of the medical record
- Understand and know how to appeal no authorization denials
- Proactively communicate questions and concerns to supervisor for resolution
- Review high dollar and aged accounts as necessary to ensure efficient revenue cycle recovery
- Communicate recent payer resolution trends with team
- High School diploma or GED required
- EPIC Certification required
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Third party denials and appeals writing.
- 2+ years of recent experience working within EPIC
- Knowledge of hospital full revenue cycle process
- Proficient in Excel
Interested parties apply today to be considered.