Performs as the front line point of contact for new and existing retail branch customers, performing both sales and service functions. The position serves to maximize sales and service effectiveness by performing in a triage role, greeting and meeting clients and guiding them to the proper destination that meets their needs. Operates as a multi-functional team member with the ability to process transactions, provide optimum service, and consult in an advisory role to maximize the sales potential of every interaction. Associate needs to be proficient in retail banking products and services including depository, lending, and alternative products and services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professionally greets customers in the lobby, on the teller line or on the phone. Determines and fulfills client needs while providing an excellent customer experience.
- Provides a differentiated sales dialogue with the client to analyze, develop and make recommendations based on the assessment performed. Meets the desired wants of the customer and correspondingly generates a deeper revenue stream to the organization by selling financial products and services, and cross selling into other banking segments.
- Efficiently and accurately processes various service transactions, to include deposits, check cashing, cash advances, official checks, money orders, night drop deposits, loan payments, check reorders, wire transfers, safe deposit access in accordance with policies and procedures of the bank.
- Able to succinctly transition a client from a service request to a sales conversation, as well as a service request to a demonstrated self-serve or assisted self-serve transaction. Assists and educates customers on the use of Synovus self-service and e-channel options including ATM, On Line Banking and Mobile Banking.
- Opens and processes new depository accounts including checking accounts and savings instruments, as well as orders debit and credit cards, opens online banking and other banking products and services based on customer needs.
- Proficient in assisting clients with consumer and small business lending activities, including maintaining knowledge of credit products, interviewing applicants, identification of appropriate products, taking applications, and closing basic loan requests.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of the various lines of business within the company such as mortgage, private wealth management and merchant services to actively market bank products and services.
- Identifies cross selling opportunities through customer profiling, using needs-based assessments, referring customers to other Synovus partners to optimize the customer relationship as appropriate. Efficiently schedules customer and prospect appointments either through initial contact, or through follow-up phone calls, emails or mailings.
- Successfully conducts outbound phone calls to customers and prospects for relationship expansion, new acquisition and other related activities with consistency. Enthusiastically supports sales campaigns and bank initiatives.
- Responsible for achieving assigned monthly sales goals and objectives.
- Works with branch leadership to ensure appropriate lobby management.
- Adheres to operational controls, including legal, corporate and regulatory procedures, to ensure the safety, security, and confidentiality of customer and bank information.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others' point of view.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company standards associated with superior customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills: Connects personally and respectfully with others; relates well to all kinds of people, builds appropriate rapport; leverages the knowledge and skills of others.
- Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the right level; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize opportunities as they arise.
- Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others; demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high performance.
- Time Management: Uses own time effectively; values time; sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity; focuses on highest impact issues/activities; respects time of others.
- Adapting to Change: Remains flexible and open to new ways of working; keeps an upbeat attitude, even in challenging or stressful situations; can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
Minimum Experience: One (1) year job-related experience, preferably in a banking, sales or customer service environment. May consider relevant college-related programs in lieu of job experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- PC proficiency - strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and grammar skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Strong aptitude for consultative selling; prior sales and customer service experience
- Ability to learn bank products and services
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to adhere to company dress code
- Certification(s): This position requires successful registration and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT). Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print check.