Our Regional Manager will monitor and maintain all aspects of operations, sales and marketing for assigned region. Provide necessary guidance to assist executive management team in making business decisions. Ensures medical, dental, and mental health program’s activities are based upon goals, objectives, aims, and policies and procedures of CCS and the facility, and are compliant with ACA, NCCHC and State accreditation standards.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration, or health related field preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience in delivery and administration of correctional medical, dental, and mental health care preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years administrative, management and supervisory experience
- None required
- Monitors the implementation and effectiveness of procedures and programs
- Evaluates financial and statistical data, program needs and problems and makes recommendations for improvements
- Develops, utilizes, revises, interprets, and ensures compliance with CCS and facility policies and procedures
- Monitors subcontracted services to include pharmacy, lab, x-ray and specialty providers
- Maintains communication and a good working relationship with facility administration, CCS employees, correctional personnel, contracted providers outside agencies and for state contracts this applies to state central office staff.
- Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operational efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Oversees recruitment, evaluation and training of Medical Director, Health Services Administrator and Director of Nursing
- Ensures completion of evaluations on Health Services Administrators in accordance with company Human Resource policies. Counsels and disciplines as necessary
- Enforces corporate Human Resource policies in a manner that is fair and consistent for all personnel
- Ensures adequate staffing at institutions to meet the needs of the inmate population as well as adhering to staffing plans
- Assists in recruitment of contracted professional providers (physicians, dentists, psychologists, etc.)
- Ensures appropriate licensure, credentialing, and insurance coverage on all medical personnel, i.e., physicians, nurses, dentists, psychologists, and social workers
- Analyze financial statements and create and maintain financial forecasts
- Completes and submits daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitors in-patient hospitalizations closely with utilization management
- Closely monitors all sentinel events and potential catastrophic illnesses and explores/utilizes all appropriate means of limiting both CCS and contractor’s liabilities
- Reviews and approves all invoices greater than $250
- Meets with designated wardens, deputy wardens, and facility administration on a regularly scheduled basis and participate in MAC/QI/P&T and other required meetings
- Functions as a liaison between the facility and Nashville corporate office
- Ensures, where available, NCCHC accreditation of the medical program by ensuring the presence of the required level or organizational efficiency and the provision of approved and appropriate medical services
- Investigates and responds to inmate/family grievances and legal matters
- Create and maintain various budgets
- Communicate how operational data impacts department profit and loss
- Identify problem areas of operations and propose solutions. Conducts ongoing evaluation of services and health care programs, proactively identifies potential problems and develops and takes corrective action
- Participate in business development to include marketing, proposal writing and oral presentations
- Accepts on-call status
- Attends seminars, workshops, and conferences
- Must be able to travel overnight for two to ten days or more as may be required by facility needs
- May be asked, but not required, to relocate temporarily or permanently as needs require
- Promotes Quality Improvement standards by actively participating in the quality of care screen audits
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer