- Responsible for planning, forecasting, and reporting activities associated with project labor and material cost and presenting financial analyses of production variances to management.
- Develop actionable analytics for strategic corporate initiatives, focusing on key performance indicators used to drive operations performance and profitability.
- Manage and develop detailed financial forecast models of DFP projects to generate pro forma period and long range, strategic project financial results.
- Analyze and interpret financial information pertaining to the DFP's performance while understanding business issues and advising on any concerns with policy and procedures, resource allocation, and business operations to improve the company's financial performance.
- Oversee project cash-flows forecasting.
- Support the creation of the annual operating and capital plans, detailing revenue and profit expectations, along with strategic and tactical plan.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate across DFP organization and other Delta divisions to obtain inputs and provide decision support for management related to plan, forecasting results, financial tools and systems.
- Help develop both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or business analytics with 5+ years of related experience. Equivalent work experience of 7+ years with a focus in finance may be substituted; MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of recent, progressive financial planning and analysis (FP&A) experience in relevant positions is required
- Must possess advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Must have a working knowledge of SAP; Tableau, Power BI, Hyperion, and Epicor preferred.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Must be highly analytical, proven ability to develop new ideas and deliver solutions, experience performing high level, detailed, strategic analysis (such as mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, etc.)
- Must be able to take very detailed information, summarize for executive reporting and then present to executive level audience
- Must be comfortable locating, researching and analyzing large amounts of data in an unstructured environment
- Must have experience performing financial analysis to assist evaluating strategic options, develop creative solutions to complex business issues, and/or support the business decision-making process.
- Must be an effective project manager, with excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be a team player with the capacity to deliver results and be able to successfully interact with all levels of management.
- Experience in an organization with engineering and manufacturing capabilities, including experience preparing budget variance analyses of manufacturing operations, is preferred.