KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process and every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, and more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology and manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds and innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time and costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences
The Project Engineer works between the design, construction materials, integrated services and field teams and are responsible for assisting the project team with planning, management and administration of the project(s) to which they are assigned.
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-orientated, knowledgeable of different building systems and construction materials, a quick learner, have the ability to prioritize and problem solve and have demonstrated interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn, understand and adhere to company safety policies and programs. Including participating in safety meetings, walks, and other related tasks.
- Ability to independently manage multiple scopes of work - both subcontracted and self-performed.
- Responsible for coordinating, organizing, tracking, updating and/or expediting the flow of information, files, drawings, permits, and correspondence.
- Assist in subcontractor management by helping the superintendent coordinate the schedule of subcontractor operations and logistics.
- Schedule, attend, and take minutes at key project meetings.
- Participate in, and lead, assigned elements of project closeout including punch list, owner turnover manuals and required owner training.
- Participate in weekly planner/subcontractor coordination meetings and track weekly planner data.
- Coordinate and manage materials with the Construction Materials team and subcontractors. This includes the timely delivery, receiving, quality control, staging, secure storage, deployment and tracking.
- Review extra work orders (EWOs) presented by subcontractors and assist with determining accuracy/validity.
- Assist Project Mangers/Superintendents with the creation and management of project schedules, logistic plans, and subcontractor and materials coordination plans.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree – Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering
- 1 to 5 years' industry experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including MS Office and project management software.
- Be effective at building collaborative relationships and functioning effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.