Job Purpose: Coordinate and provide professional and administrative support for targeted programs and/or projects and unit initiatives.
- Plan, execute and provide assistance for meeting and event logistics and scheduling.
- Establish schedules, oversee arrangements and provide logistics support for targeted programs and/or projects and unit initiatives.
- Evaluate, assess and report on the feasibility and sustainability of potential programs, projects and initiatives.
- Assist and provide support related to the identification and execution of adopted unit programs/projects and other unit initiatives.
- Develop, arrange/coordinate meetings and project materials for distribution as necessary.
- Compile, organize and analyze data for use in reports for targeted programs/projects and other unit initiatives.
- Monitor and update appropriate stakeholders of progress/milestones for program/project objectives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma, Associate's degree or two years of college coursework.
- Work Experience: Three to five years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication, customer service and organization skills. The ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and/or within a team environment.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Work Experience: Some education-related experience; Translation or interpretation experience
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Fluent in writing, reading, and speaking Spanish
Additional Job Duties:
- Workshop and training related duties: Serve as liaison between our program and schools (coordinators and participants) for coordination, promotion, production and presentation. Communicate with program participants, parents, and school administration. Conduct/participate in delivery of workshops or training program sessions focused on college preparation topics (admissions, financial aids, career information, tests, etc). Coordinate activities associated with those sessions (e.g. technical assistance, marketing, promotion, registration, preparing correspondence in English and Spanish, ordering/maintaining supplies, etc.
- Event Planning: Assist with the coordination of GoSTEM events such as Advisory Board meetings, extracurricular enrichment activities, and community outreach events.
- Inventory Management: purchase and organize project supplies, prepare and coordinate materials deliveries as needed for workshops and GoSTEM events.
- Record Keeping: maintain project contact sheets, project calendars, workshop expenditures. Track workshop participants; maintain related databases, and collect other required program-related data. Translate materials for workshops, communication, etc., as needed. Assist with other program implementation and with coordinators and managers as needed.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Additional Information: Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check.
The GoSTEM program mission is to promote academic achievement and college attendance in STEM fields among Latino and under-represented K-12 students, and to strengthen the pipeline of these students into post-secondary STEM education. This mission will be pursued through synergistic partnerships within Georgia Tech, and among GT and local school districts and minority serving organizations.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: Faculty and staff; program participants and deliver GoSTEM programming. This position typically will advise and counsel: Faculty and staff. This position may supervise: student assistants
The Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing (CEISMC) enhances PreK-12 and post-secondary STEM education by drawing upon the expertise and scholarly contributions of the Georgia Tech community. CEISMC advocates for and leads systemic changes to increase STEM interest and achievement for all students, especially those underrepresented in STEM. CEISMC's research efforts allow for the identification and dissemination of evidence-based best practices in STEM education.