KEMRON Environmental Services, Inc. is an employee owned environmental consulting, engineering and remediation firm headquartered in Atlanta, GA. With fixed offices in Chicago, IL, Tacoma, WA, Marietta, OH, and Charleston, WV and project operations across the US, KEMRON is rapidly growing with an ever expanding portfolio of federal and private sector projects. Operating as a small business under NAICS 562910, we specialize in solving environmental science and engineering challenges using multi-disciplinary teams. Our clients include entities in the federal government (DoD), industrial, and petrochemical sectors.
KEMRON values strategic thinking, creative approaches, and high-quality work products for our clients. We strive to provide a positive and team-oriented work place for motivated individuals.
We are seeking a qualified chemist to support project teams engaged in environmental investigation and remediation projects. The position reports through our Marietta, OH operation; however there is flexibility regarding the work location. Please note this is NOT a laboratory position.
Responsibilities to be fulfilled in a fast-paced, consulting-services work environment include:
· Developing and implementing quality assurance and quality control procedures for environmental data collection and data analysis programs;
· Developing and directing data collection and data management activities;
· Preparing written Quality Assurance Project Plans for environmental data collection projects utilizing the UFP-QAPP format;
· Identifying appropriate laboratory methods for environmental sample analyses.
· Communicating directly with outside laboratories regarding analytical methods and data quality issues;
· Validating laboratory data quality in accordance with current EPA National Functional Guidelines and writing validation reports to document data quality and usability;
· Evaluating and describing environmental data quality in the context of project-specific data uses and requirements; and
· Maintaining and implementing effective compliance and corrective action procedures.
· A bachelor’s degree in chemistry - a master’s degree is desirable;
· Experience working in an environmental laboratory;
· Minimum of 5 years of environmental consulting experience/other relevant work experience or applicable education;
· A strong familiarity with environmental laboratory analytical and data review protocols;
· Well-developed organizational and analytical skills;
· Very good writing and verbal communication skills; and
· An aptitude to learn data software applications.
Other skills and consulting experience may also be advantageous, including data management expertise and participation in field data collection activities.
KEMRON is an Employee-Owned company offering a full benefits package which includes medical/dental/life/disability insurance, a 401(k) and the opportunity to be an employee-owner. EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disability