Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for a Product Owner/Business Analyst to join our team that delivers our business intelligence and analytics software products for the insurance industry. The Product Owner guides an Agile team that designs, develops, maintains, and supports applications for insurance brokers, agents, carrier partners, and 3rd party integrations. You will be responsible for successfully bringing features through the lifecycle of customer research, design, requirements, testing, release, and support. This will require an understanding of the software products, and communicating with the internal and external stakeholders. In this role, you will create, maintain, and continuously prioritize product release backlogs for the development team.
- Creating and refining user stories in collaboration with the team
- Explaining the goals of the feature to the development team, and stakeholders through the use of commonly used storyboards and other tools made available
- Considering the needs of all client constituents, both internal and external, with the goal of delivering software to clients of all sizes – small as well as global in nature
- Understands, supports, and delivers on the corporate roadmap, vision, and goals
- Facilitating conversations with stakeholders regarding features in development, obtaining feedback, and making decisions on which feedback items should become part of the backlog and /or minimum viable. Adjusting user stories accordingly and closing the feedback loop with stakeholders.
- Advocate for end users and customers – the voice of the customer and the voice of market – to bring an understanding of the market and client's workflow to the team, for intuitive feature implementation which accounts for a positive user experience
- Effectively communicates acceptance criteria to scrum team, to ensure feature development meets the business needs for the release
- Learns, understands, and communicates how the product works for customers and users
- Communicate functional requirements with internal departments to facilitate understanding of features, initiatives, and roadmap deliverables.
- Communicates with external customers and represents the company and products in customer meetings when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS JOB
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the areas of Information Science, Computer Science, or business related disciplines
- Experience: 2+ years of professional experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst in an Agile development environment
- Self-guided and highly motivated: Takes initiative to understand priorities, proactively identify issues, and plan how to solve them
- Collaboration: Internal and external to the organization, and is primarily for the purposes of influencing and persuading in order to carry out company policy or goals
- Data analysis skills: Comfortable working with data. Ability to quickly learn and develop skills with new tools.
- Experience with Excel, JIRA, Mixpanel, Datadog, or SQL preferred
- Insurance domain knowledge preferred: Familiarity with insurance agents, the data, and their processes is highly beneficial but not required
- Understanding technology. Ability to quickly understand technical requirements and capabilities in front-end development, databases, data warehouses, API's, and/or authentication systems
- User champion: Driven to understand what will bring success to customers and users
WHO WE ARE
- LEADING GLOBAL PROVIDER OF CLOUD-BASED INSURANCE SOFTWARE- Applied Systems develops the top two Insurance Agency/Broker Management software products in the world. In addition, we also provide innovative mobile apps, Data Analytics, Customer Self-Service, Insurer Connectivity & Rating, eServicing, Benefits Design, and CRM software products. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied's people and products enable millions of people around the world to safeguard and protect what matters most.
- CLOUD SOLUTIONS & PROFESSIONAL SERVICES- We offer cloud solutions, implementation and education services, 24x7 technical support, and consulting services that are built specifically for our clients.
- AWARD WINNING TECHNOLOGY- We have been voted the 2019 Best Cloud-Based Software Solutions Provider in the insurance industry (2019 Corporate Excellence Awards), the 2019 Digital Service Provider of the Year (Corporate Insider) and are ranked #56 in the Cloud Top 500 report for the largest cloud application vendors in the world (Apps That Run the World).
- GOOGLE'S INVESTMENT IN APPLIED- Google/CapitalG made a minority investment in Applied that will spur AI, machine learning, and digital marketing innovation in the global insurance industry.
- CLIENTS- We provide technology to over 160k users within insurance agencies, brokerages, and carriers throughout the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
- EMPLOYEES- Applied currently has 1,700+ employees across the US, Canada, the UK, and Ireland.
COMPANY CULTURE & PERKS
- JOIN A GREAT TEAM- We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people. We encourage idea sharing, problem solving, and teamwork in our environment.
- RELAXED DRESS CODE- Applied allows for a relaxed dress code where jeans are permitted; we call this “Dress for your Day“!
- FUN PARTIES & PERKS- Fun perks are a staple at Applied, including holiday parties with games and contests, summer celebrations employee appreciation events, art contests, employee discount programs, free bagel and fruit on Tuesdays, and more!
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT- We are a growing company that offers career opportunities, and not just “another job“. Applied believes in growing our employees and promoting from within, offering many opportunities for professional advancement along the way!
- CAREER STABILITY & LONGEVITY- Our average employee tenure is 14 years!
- CULTURE OF RECOGNITION- Applied provides a culture of employee recognition with our Circle of Excellence program, and our internal social network recognition program.
- APPLIED CARES- We have a culture that embraces and promotes volunteerism. Applied encourages our employees to help local charities and communities through the 'Applied Cares' program
BENEFITS & REWARDS
- BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE- Applied offers Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Virtual Doctors' Appointments, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, Critical Illness, Group Accident, and Wellness Incentives to ensure employees are covered from day one.
- FINANCIAL PEACE OF MIND- In addition to wellness benefits, Applied offers traditional and Roth 401k options, with employer match. Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, and Business Travel Accident insurance are also offered.
- WORKLIFE BALANCE- There is more to life than work: that is why Applied offers benefits to help balance your work and home life. We offer competitive paid vacation time, personal/sick time, paid holidays, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and a free day off for your birthday!
TO LEARN MORE
- Please visit AppliedSystems.com
Applied Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.