Product Director, Smart Communities Cox2M
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Cox Communications is now hiring for a Product Director for their Cox2M Smart Communities business line, a new Internet of Things (IoT) venture. Our mission is to unleash the true potential of a connected world by enabling complete asset tracking and monitoring solutions, giving businesses and communities the data and tools that they need to improve processes, realize operational efficiencies, and deliver better experiences to customers and residents.
You’ll be part of the Cox2M Smart Communities management team, leading a group of intrapreneurs who are passionate about solving problems for cities, campuses, and other dynamic communities. Visit www.cox2m.com to learn more.
About the job:
Come join a group of ex-startup founders, technologists, intrapreneurs, and recovering consultants & investment bankers in building, scaling, and delivering solutions for a high-growth business. We tackle the largest challenges facing our communities today, and we have fun doing it.
As the Smart Communities Product Director, you will own the strategy and execution of solutions and products that power our business.
You will help to design and build the right team to support our Smart Communities Platform and ecosystem of partners and solutions. This is a player-coach role initially with the opportunity to build out the product team around you as the business’ needs evolve.
You will own establishing the necessary relationships and engagement models with our solution partners. We are building a platform and marketplace that removes friction and facilitates the connection between our solution partners and vendors and our city and community customers.
Primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Drive the product vision of Smart Communities and participate in strategic decisions with the leadership team
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s)
- Develop product roadmaps and business cases with clear ROI
- Ensure that product development effort aligns with business strategy
- Define product success criteria and take ownership for product success
- Motivate and coach the Smart Communities product team to reach goals and achieve deliverables
- Define product requirements and work closely with our Engineering and Design teams to build, design and launch features against a timely schedule
- Lead the effort to define the product implementation plan with a cross-functional team of operations and customer success leads
- Define and execute technical partnership strategy
- Direct market research efforts that will inform product-market fit
- Define pricing and competitive positioning for each solution set
- Collaborate with internal teams on competitive positioning and market development
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products through leadership and decisive action
- Be the voice of our product strategy, internally and externally
- 10 or more years of experience in technology, startup, or in a “builder” mindset
- BS/BA degree in related discipline desired
- Prior start-up experience
- Proficient in analysis and data-driven decision making
- Enough confidence to challenge others’ thinking
- Enough humility to challenge your own thinking
- 5 or more years of experience in a product leadership role preferred
- Experience delivering data products
- Demonstrated ability to deliver technical solutions (hardware, software, and network components a plus)
- Experience in telecommunications, internet, or high-tech environment
- Advanced degree preferred (Master’s degree, etc.).
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.