Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we’ve experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
The Office Manager is responsible for leading a team of associates to achieve a variety of goals including: inventory control, productivity, problem resolution, customer service, associate relations (motivation and development) and maintaining a safe work environment. The Office Manager is responsible for coordinating and directing administrative functions for a large scale 3PL logistics provider.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and proactive communications to the customer.
- Manage inventory control teams and functions to include cycle count programs, physical inventory, and research and reconciliation across the campus to meet customer service levels.
- Become a systems super user and drive efficiencies through systematic improvements.
- Onboarding and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising and rewarding performance; issuing corrective action documentation, addressing complaints and problem resolution.
- Analyze customer invoices, negotiate with vendors, troubleshoot for errors and take corrective action measures as needed.
- Purchase all materials, supplies and equipment for the facility and customer.
- Understand and communicate company, division, and department procedures and requirements.
- Understand and interpret customer requirements and provide appropriate training, reporting and service.
- Coordinate all special projects and act as liaison between the customer and Saddle Creek personnel.
- Solicit feedback and modify actions as appropriate to continually focus on process improvements in order to ensure customer needs are met for high-quality, cost-effective logistics services.
- Maintain extensive contact with customers and vendors.
- Oversee management of all inventories by effectively utilizing software systems to track inventory levels, locations and space utilizations.
- Ensure exceptional customer service key performance indicators are met: Order Fill Rate Accuracy, unannounced inspections, inventory accuracy, etc.
- Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment by meeting or exceeding corporate safety goals.
- Promote constant and measureable improvement; teach and enforce corporate Quality Policy at all times.
- Communicate SCLS goals, expectations, areas for improvement and successes to associates.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for all staff within the department.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ten years of overall work experience. At least five (5) years of supervisory experience ideally performed in an office or warehouse environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- Basic understanding of Accounting principles and processes preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a professional and positive attitude.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to influence department and implement and manage change.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others’ efforts.
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; possess solid judgment, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to function in a high-stress environment while focusing on the office operational goals
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Ability to build a cohesive team that exemplifies SCLS’ values and operates to support SCLS’ mission statement.
See Job Description