Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to enable a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion, and accelerates progress. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you an Influencer and born Leader? Do you love a fast-paced start-up environment? Do you want to be part of the analytics revolution helping to disrupt and evolve the Retail industry? Do you understand the complexity of selling and supporting end-to-end analytics solutions? Would you like to work at a company that embraces innovation, passion, openness and fun, and loves to disrupt the status quo?
If so, we have a role for you.
You will be a pioneer for Splunk to drive success within this industry, including Internet retail, Department stores, Supermarkets, Drugstores, Apparel and Electronics sectors. In this role you will work cross-functionally with several organizations at Splunk (including Sales, Partners, Marketing, and Product Management) with the primary objective of looking for ways to build and grow our business in this industry. You are responsible for driving Splunk software bookings, adoption, and GTM Strategy for Splunk’s solutions for Retail customers and prospects. You have deep, credible knowledge of how retailers use digital assets to deliver outstanding customer experience. Additional experience in IT and Security related markets and the Splunk platform is helpful. Lastly, you know how to communicate at an executive level as a guide and trusted advisor.
About The Team
The Vertical team is responsible for helping the field build, grow and speed sales opportunities to close while enabling the entire Splunk eco-system with its domain expertise to increase skills. You will report to the global leader for Manufacturing, Retail and Natural Resources Verticals.
You will innovate within and across internal teams to develop new use cases, value propositions, tools, technical content and engagement programs that scale and evolve the Splunk selling and adoption motion. In addition, you will
- Act as Industry point of contact and collective voice in terms of product strategy and direction from the field.
- Evangelize the Splunk portfolio for Retail industry internally with our field organization and externally with customers, prospects, and partners.
- Help Splunk extend its brand and value proposition through social media, conference presentations and blogs.
- Drive opportunities end-to-end during all technical parts of the sales cycle alongside Splunk and partner technical staff & work with them in the design phase of technical projects.
- Influence, contribute, and drive adoption of enablement material to the Splunk global sales force in order to increase the knowledge of the Retail industry.
- 10+ years total work experience in fast growing, highly dynamic organizations and responsibilities similar to this role
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in observability, analytics, customer experience and supply chain use cases, trends and applications.
- Experience in site reliability, performance monitoring and security for a major web property or ecommerce platform.
- Expertise and understanding of the growing challenges and innovative successes related to Retail ecosystem.
- Hands on Splunk experience or similar technology a plus
- Capable of leading sophisticated customer deployments as a technical authority. Experience building positive relationships with customers.
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally. Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision.
- Demonstrated ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills in a cross-matrix organization - this skill is critical to the success of this role.
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Post-pandemic, up to 50% travel may be required.
- Location: anywhere in U.S. city but prefer close to major airport or cities with large retail hubs etc.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.