The Generator Technician is responsible for the timely repair and maintenance of Emergency Response Generators to ensure safe and efficient, 100% deployable operation. Operate equipment and test all working parts in various functions to ensure proper operation. Complete “electronic paperwork“ as required. This position will include the use of service truck to travel to multiple client locations each month to perform onsite service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to 5kW to 130kW Standby Generators
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles, requiring bending, squatting, and contorting.
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicles
- Interact proficiently with clients through both email or phone as necessary
- Perform various other duties as required
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
Key Competencies and Minimum Education
At least 5 years of experience performing generator maintenance, experience as a mechanic or inspector in generator maintenance at a commercial garage, fleet leasing company, or similar facility, or must possess diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school.
- Must have valid Driver's License- Class C
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Must provide enough hand tools & toolbox to proficiently complete task. Specialty tools will be provided.
- Ideal candidate will possess excellent time management skills, good basis computer skills and a can-do attitude dedicated to getting the job done, must be able to work without direct daily supervision.