Lead Site Reliability Engineer
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is remote/work from home and can be located anywhere within the United States
Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering to join our team!
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
About the Team
This Lead Site Reliability Engineer will be part of the Consumer Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. The Consumer Core SRE Enablement team is an innovative team devoted to providing automated solutions and services for Kelly Blue Book and Autotrader at Cox Automotive to measure, evaluate and plan for visible, reliable application delivery and maintenance.
About the Position
As a member of the SRE team, you will work with development teams to help manage CI/CD frameworks to create automated pipelines and solutions required for continuous delivery. The tools and use-cases are diverse, and our challenge is to increase the development velocity by optimizing various parts of the pipeline and increase application stability. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating /reducing toil through automation. We also look to embed core SRE practices including measuring SLIs/SLOs, increasing visibility through monitoring tools, and guide chaos engineering efforts in order to improve overall resiliency. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about infrastructure as code and continuous deployment to build scalable and highly reliable applications.
If you love to figure out how all the pieces are put together and if automation and building tools to monitor and manage your applications sounds interesting to you, we want to talk to you.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
- Have a natural tendency to avoid toil and want to automate it away
- Automate anything and everything! (testing, deploying, monitoring, etc)
- Take complex and not maybe well-defined problem and come up with a technically reasonable solution
- Take ownership of processes or solutions that can be shared across teams globally
- Build and rollout solutions to be consumed by multiple teams
- Have innate curiosity about how things work
- Design and assist in the authoring of software tools that reliably manage application delivery & performance
- Design and assist in the setup and maintenance of application monitoring and alerting
- Engage with product/capability engineering teams to ensure best practices are implemented
- Improve predictability and reliability of software releases, workflows, and operating software.
- Reduce application deployment windows by leading company towards a Continuous Deployment environment
- Reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR) by helping troubleshoot, monitor, alert, and automating recovery.
- Compensation includes a base salary of $98,328 - 137,598. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 7+ years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive
- Understanding of Linux operating systems
- Experience with Python or PowerShell or related scripting languages
- Experience with configuration management systems (Spinnaker, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible)
- Experience rolling out highly available, mission-critical applications
- Experience with version control systems (Git or SVN) and branching strategies
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (Amazon AWS, Kubernetes, Heroku, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, CircleCI, TeamCity, etc), Artifactory (or Nexus)
- Experience with Database Server infrastructure (RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, MySQL, Postgres, etc)
- Experience with agile development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process management skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment
So, are you ready to challenge today and transform tomorrow? Apply now.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.