NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail, hospitality, telecom and technology industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 34,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Location: Atlanta, GA
NCR's assisted – and self – service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail sector organizations in more than 40+ countries. In this exciting role you will join NCR's Digital First Retail Team. The focus of the role is to develop the next generation of self-service applications and enhance existing solutions. One of the key tenets of the team is to be customer focused.
Want to develop software that is being used by millions of people around the world every day? Then this is the role for you! We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our team. In this exciting role, you will focus on developing the Next Generation of NCR's Self-Service Checkout systems. The role will focus on understanding requirements, enhancing exiting software and developing cloud enabled services with latest software stack for Digital Retail using Java, Go and C++. You will also work with Engineering teams on developing back-end APIs that can support thousands of transactions and Next-Gen Products based on requirements from Product Management.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop high quality software which meets requirements, promotes re-use of software components, and facilitates ease of support.
- Diagnose, isolate, and implement remedies for system failures caused by errors in software code.
- Provide input and technical content for technical documentation, user help materials and customer training.
- Conduct unit tests, track problems, and implement changes to ensure adherence to test plan and functional/nonfunctional requirements
- Analyze, design and implement software mechanisms to improve code stability, performance, and re-usability. Participate in and lead code review sessions.
- Participate with industry groups, stay current with technology and industry trends, disseminate knowledge to team members, and develop best practices. (Retail and Self-service Retail Industry groups)
- Communicate with Solution Management and other internal teams. Participates in cross-functional collaboration within the organization.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Java software design and development
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong development, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to work in teams in a collaborative fashion.
- Spring Boot
- .NET Core
- Operating Systems:
- Knowledge of software development standards and protocols: PCI
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Database Design experience
- Performance Optimization
- Champion of Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins
- Deep knowledge and understanding to create secure solutions by design
- Experience with multi-threaded backend environments with concurrent users
- Experience with tools or languages like:
- Perl, Bash
- Google Cloud Platform and Azure
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.