- Main point of contact on insurance questions, coverage requirements and investor guidelines.
- Pursue and obtain invoices, paid receipts and evidence of insurance on assigned portfolio within 30 days of insurance renewal.
- Review Investor insurance guidelines and loan documents to establish baseline requirements.
- Review Loan Documents, Appraisals, Engineering, Seismic, and Phase I Environmental Reports to determine loan-specific insurance requirements.
- Preform annual review of insurance certificates, policies, statement of values and invoices to determine compliance with Investor guidelines.
- Process Insurance waivers/Exceptions with supporting documentation for non-compliant insurance issues.
- Responsible for maintaining insurance data in the Enterprise servicing system and SalesForce as applicable.
- Prepare and submit Lender reports as required from time to time.
- Obtain an understanding of the insurance casualty provision and claim process.
- Work with and assist the Servicing Insurance Front-End division as needed.
- Perform general insurance tasks as necessary which include processing invoices and reimbursements to borrowers.
Education and Experience
- Degree: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years insurance experience.
- Would prefer a candidate who has professional designation of CIC, CPCU, ARM, CRM, AU, AINS, CISR or equivalent.
- Willing and able to work 8:30am – 5:30pm, M-F with occasional overtime.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work as a part of a team, while providing a strong individual contribution.
- Excellent attention to detail, judgment, flexibility, accountability and dependability.
- Requires excellent communication skills, written and oral, through all levels of the organization.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Clear knowledge of Commercial Insurance Coverage –Property, (including Flood, Wind, Earthquake and Terrorism), General Liability (including Workers Comp and Auto), Professional Liability and Umbrella/Excess Liability Insurance
- Familiarity with Agency and Lenders, (Fannie Mae, FHLMC, GNMA/HUD, CMBS, CM and ILP), programs a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute solutions to complex insurance issues and take action in order to assist the group in moving the Insurance Review forward.
- A high level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address.
Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.