Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 3613
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Information Technology
Work Location : Atlanta, GA (Whse)
State or Province : Georgia (US-GA)
Potential Work Location : United States : Georgia : Atlanta
This role will cover a 12pm to 9:30pm shift.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
This position provides day-to-day support to the Customer Fulfillment Center (CFC) and Call Center (CC) on both hardware and software, including installation and set-up, configuration, troubleshooting, training.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setup, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and support of the following: All PC/LAN software, hardware, and peripherals, AS/400 terminals emulators, Avaya IP phones, MFP machines. and misc. telecom equipment, warehouse automation systems, Call Center applications along with their Call Center management software.
- Provides 1st and 2nd level end user and systems support.
- Ensures internal and external customer satisfaction. Implements initiatives to enhance customer satisfaction where necessary.
- Keeps all CFC/Call Center system documentation current.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for planned/unplanned systems support and/or project support for all CFC / Call Center activities along with CSC projects
- Follows, from an operational point of view, the appropriate change control procedures with regards to all IS systems.
- Ensures adherence to all defined standards for naming, documentation and security.
- Hands-on and, coordination of, support for all warehouse automation systems including picking, manifesting and shipping systems in an Ethernet environment consisting of IBM AS/400, LAN server (i.e. Windows, Linux) technologies and Radio Frequency barcode scanning systems.
- Hands-on and, coordination of, support for all Call Center automation systems including voice mail, e-mail, Telephony systems in an Ethernet environment consisting of IBM AS/400 and PCLAN Windows technologies.
- Provide end-user guidance and training on the use of Microsoft Windows, Office, E-mail, File storage, desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, and AS/400 systems and access.
- Understanding of MFP systems operation and troubleshooting process.
- Responsible for physical backup media rotations including but not limited to MSDS (AS/400) and Windows servers.
- Responsible for local infrastructure cabling including fiber, CAT5, CAT6E, and IDF/MDF maintenance.
- Responsible for coordination of vendors for on-site work performed such as cabling, printer PM's, etc.
- Works in conjunction with the Facilities team on support and maintenance of conveyor system including but not limited to FORTNA, Ethernet I/O module controls and programming & support of in-line scanners.
- Responsible for communications for I.S. related issues and/or concerns between the CFC / Call Center management team and the CSC I.S. Team.
- Works closely with departments and user community ensuring the efficient and proper use of IS resources through hands-on support and training for all areas in the CFC and Call Center.
- Utilized as a resource in, and provide input for, IS operational projects.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Provide daily status to the Supervisor of the I.S. Operations Group in an acceptable format as defined by same.
- Keeps up to date in development of skills as they pertain to the current job title and what will be required in career path.
- Ability to support new technology, systems, and network, as the business requires, and newer technology is implemented.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree or the equivalent of 2 years in I.T. Support role is required.
- Minimum two years experience supporting Microsoft 365, Cisco switches, H.P. Windows Servers, and ArcServe backup software.
- One year hands-on experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting DOS/Windows clients in PC/LAN environment including but not limited to the following software and hardware:
- Software: DOS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, McAfee/E-Policy, and MSDS applications.
- Hardware: Desktops and laptop computers, Laserjet printers, Document scanners, Wireless 802.11G equipment (access points RF guns), switch, Windows network servers (file, print, e-mail, Call Center reporting, and Presentation VTC equipment.
- One-year experience as an AS/400 Operator or equivalent including:
- system device creation/connection/troubleshooting, communication line setup & troubleshooting,
- commands and control of “varying“ on and off devices inclusive of starting and ending writers
- One-year experience in structured cabling, network topologies, protocols, and communications including but not limited to Ethernet, 10/100/1000Base-T, and TCP/IP.
- One year experience with Radio Frequency systems a plus.
- One-year experience with basic ACD concepts.
- Ability to lift, move, pack, unpack, and all related physical logistics of equipment supported.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 5% of the time may be required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta