Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide Level 2 and 3 technical services to global customers, with large tasks.
- Install, integrate, upgrade, operate, administer and monitor the LAN operating systems, and servers in a Microsoft environment (CISCO certified engineer desired).
- Configure, install, and implement applications and software available on the LAN file server. Configure disk subsystems to ensure efficient storage utilization and backup.
- Maintain utilities for network management and audit trails.
- Providing communications and presentation, ability to speak Country Directors, ITA and customers.
- Traveled, international and domestic. Engineer will travel at least 2-3 weeks a month, remote countries
- Ability to be Self-Started, limited supervision
Network Infrastructure (WAN/LAN) 60%
System builds 30%
Desktop build support 10%
US Citizenship is required.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing various server and network equipment experience, and Cisco networking configuration and installation.
- 3+ years' experience network and server administrator with skills in a wide variety of network infrastructure areas, including Windows Server, AD, VMWare, Citrix, Cisco networks, CommVault Simpana systems, Windows Hyper V, application installation and support
- 3+ years' experience ability to develop and maintain network standards and procedures
- 2+ years' experience in maintaining cloud computing systems.
- 3+ years' experience evaluate emerging network technologies
- 3+ years of experience as a systems engineer in a large enterprise environment.
- 3+ years' experience installing and maintaining Microsoft Server 2008 - 2012 and such applications as MS Exchange 2010/2012 and MS SQL 2008-2012.
- 3+ years' experience installing, upgrading, and maintaining Cisco routers and switches including the latest routers and latest switches.
- 3+ years' experience installing and configuring firewalls, spam filters, and load balancers, including IronPort appliances.
- Demonstrates knowledge of implementing and managing provisioning suites (e.g., DHCP, DNS).
- 3+ years' experience using network analysis tools (network sniffers) to assist in identifying and resolving problems on-site and remotely is required.
- 2+ years Aruba Wireless experience helpful. Equivalent CISCO wireless experience is acceptable.
- Ability to multi-task projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and analytical skills
- Strong written, oral communication skills and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of group dynamics
Position requires working in many 3rd World Countries requiring appropriate International travel precautions.
Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA GA Atlanta
Additional Work Locations:
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.