Support the Human Resources Office (HRO) in classification, recruitment, staffing and placement matters in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a resource to CDC management in classification, recruitment, staffing and placement matters by proposing solutions to resolve controversial, complete, and difficult staffing problems.
- Provide advisory technical assistance, advice, and solutions to recruitment and placement issues referred within the organization and explores alternative courses of action to accommodate management needs and considerations, provide assistance and works with key management officials in a manner that inspires respect for resulting conclusions.
- Collaborate with CDC programs and other federal agencies in the development of position descriptions, classification standards, etc. in accordance with Office of Personnel Management (OPM) standards.
- Provide substantive input and advice in the HR pre-consultation process in providing service and expertise to customers.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or similar work experience or certifications may be acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of two (2) to five plus (5+) years of federal recruitment and placement and classification experience.
- Expert level knowledge and experience in one or more areas of human resources support functions, proficient use in performing Delegated Examining (DE) and Merit Promotions (MP) operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products (i.e. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Requires Delegated Examining (DE) Certification.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks successfully and work independently.
- Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
- Ability to work in a diverse, flexible, deadline-driven, government environment.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize and apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the position.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
0 - 25%