Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital is looking to fill a variety of temp to hire positions in it's Food Services department. Emory is looking for positive, hard-working, timely individuals to bring onto our team. If interested, then please apply here.
Selected Candidates must pass a 10-year Background Check, Health Assessment, Drug Screen, and Nicotine Test.
- Food & Nutrition Associate
- Dining Services Associate
- Chef - please search for Job Number 48672 on Emory's Career Site
- Prepares, portions, and serves menu items for general and modified patient diets and for retail food service or catering.
- Assembles and serves meals in accordance with selected menus, presentation, and portion control guidelines.
- Receives and puts away deliveries.
- Maintains clean and sanitary food preparation areas and equipment.
- Washes dishes, flatware, pots and pans, and disposes of trash.
- Transports carts to patient units and all other areas of the hospital.
- Processes and verifies payment for goods or services.
- Follows all safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Uses required protection devices to prevent transmission of food borne illnesses to patients, customers and staff.
- Reports safety hazards.
- Cleans, sanitizes and organizes the work area.
- Wipes up spills and food debris and disposes of empty containers.
- Mops floors, empties and cleans trash containers and equipment.
- Washes tables, walls, and counters.
- Washes and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, dishes and other cooking or food serving items.
- Removes trash from kitchen.
- Requisitions/procures ingredients from storage areas according to recipe or menu requirements.
- Prepares menu items in strict accordance with approved recipes and in specific quantities.
- Sets up and transports food items for service. Labels and dates menu food items.
- Sets up meal service stations.
- Places food on patient trays using established portion standards and in accordance with patient meal selections.
- Assist with catering activities, operate a cash register, count and balance money, and serve retail customers.
- May train to assist with cooking and baking.
- Reports problems in food quality or service and customer/patient concerns: communicates concerns or recommendations for improvements.
- Loads, operates, and unloads commercial dishwasher.
- Operates cash register and/or selected production and other equipment.
- Prepares and delivers special meal requests, and tube feedings.
- Prepares and delivers snacks to patients between scheduled meals or late meal trays to patients in their rooms.
- Serve patients on cafeteria line or assist patients with meals, serve trays to patients.
- Work with manager to formulate plan for professional development.
- Attends educations in-services as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be able to read, write, and follow instructions. One year of food service experience preferred. Demonstrated skills in customer service, critical thinking, problem solving and written and verbal communication. Ability to make sound judgments while quickly processing information. Ability to perform basic tasks on a computer including logging on and off a workstation, checking email and completing annual online employee commitment modules. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.