Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We are looking for a Field Technician to join our Streetlane Property Management team as the primary service provider for our single-family properties on an as needed basis. This role will assist and report to the Field Technician Supervisor and will deal with tenant maintenance requests, walk and perform home inspections, as well as other internal inspections and requirements deemed necessary.
What You Will Do:
- Respond to residents courteously and takes responsibility for resolving concerns.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of all pertinent laws and EPA/OSHA regulations.
- Complete service requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Proactively monitor the condition of assigned properties and take immediate steps to correct any unsafe conditions.
- Diagnose and perform maintenance or repair as directed.
- Responsible for move-in/move-out walk through inspections as well as Pre-Renewal inspections.
- Take marketing photos and or videos as needed.
- Travel 100% of the time between homes within assigned local regions
- Work in both indoor and outdoor settings.
What You Bring With You:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ year experience in residential property maintenance (apartment or single family)
- HVAC and EPA certification preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, along with a “customer service“ attitude.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekend hours and be available for on call status.
- Plumbing, drywall, electrical, swimming pool, appliance and general maintenance experience required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, valid insurance, maintenance tools and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Ability to understand what it takes to get a residential properties in rent ready condition.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.