Job Purpose: Coordinate administrative and support activities for programs designed to promote the Institute to target audiences of potential students.
- Prepare and assemble educational/promotional materials.
- Make arrangements for meetings, workshops and other events in conjunction with specific outreach programs.
- Coordinate schedules for outreach related events.
- Make travel arrangements for outreach staff.
- Perform administrative support functions for outreach program including preparing correspondence, ordering/maintaining supplies, maintaining databases, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma, Associates Degree or 2 years college course work.
- Work Experience: Three to four years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires basic skills in delivery of office support administrative services. Use of office related computer applications is required.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Work Experience: Three or more years in K-12 related work
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Additional Information: This position will serve two projects, the NSF funded Biologically Inspired Design Engineering Education (BIRDEE) grant and the Georgia FIRST LEGO League competition system. For BIRDEE, the EOC will be responsible for working to support the team in the daily operations needed for the execution of project work. For FIRST LEGO League, the EOC will work with the team and be specifically responsible for the communication to over 500 teams around the state to assure the operation of the tournament and program. Some travel, including over-night may be required. This position is funded by the projects it serves and its continuation is dependent on future funding.
Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a purchase card credit check. edu/employment/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit managers and staff, vendors. This position typically will advise and counsel: N/A. This position will supervise: N/A.
The Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing (CEISMC) enhances PreK-12 and post-secondary STEM education by drawing upon the expertise and scholarly contributions of the Georgia Tech community. CEISMC advocates for and leads systemic changes to increase STEM interest and achievement for all students, especially those underrepresented in STEM. CEISMC's research efforts allow for the identification and dissemination of evidence-based best practices in STEM education.