Economic and Industry Insights Manager
Cox Automotive is currently looking for an Economic & Industry Insights Manager to join our team in Atlanta, Georgia.
The Economic & Industry Insights Manager works closely with the Chief Economist in producing data, conducting analysis, creating insights, and providing thought leadership. Success in this role will require strong analytical and communication skills, including an ability to explore and manage data, find correlations, draw conclusions, and ultimately be able to communicate and present findings in a concise and focused way. This is a visible position with various Business Units, Corporate Strategy, Sales, and Public Relations teams.
- Coordinate, generate and maintain data sets, research reports, and presentations
- Prepare reports of findings, visualize data sets and translate complex findings into a concise story.
- Produce information, insights and implications regarding automotive industry trends, automotive retail developments, brand/model performance, and economic and consumer trends
- Bring the necessary insights and reports to leaders in Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Strategy
- Provide analytical support to Chief Economist
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the business to provide high-quality consulting and differentiated services to clients
- Continuously improve Economic & Industry Insights tools, capabilities, and insights
- Regularly publish economic and market updates and present findings to internal and external audiences
- Partner with Public Relations on data and interview requests by external media and oversee regular Economic & Industry Insight data publications and insights content
- Develop subject matter expertise across Cox Automotive including automotive retail, wholesale, finance, and mobility and the industry and economic trends impacting those market.
- Build analytic reporting solutions to address internal and external client needs. Work with data to offer thought leadership, Industry Insights and recommendations around specific questions
- Translate internal and external data knowledge into accurate, efficient, and effective data reports, forecasts, and analytic insights content
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, presentations and initiatives as assigned
- Occasional travel required
- BA/BS in related field and 5 years of experience in Strategy, Finance, Economics, Market Research or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and experience generating clear insights from large data sets.
- Experience with econometric or statistical packages and/or visualization software such as R, Tableau, or Alteryx is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is a must.
- Familiarity with economic and industry data sources like Moody’s Analytics, IHS Markit, Equifax, Experian, and Morning Consult desired.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and the ability to cogently explain key information to various audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively interact, collaborate with, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Thrives on working as part of an enthusiastic and energetic team, inspiring others and keen to learn new skills from other disciplines to drive thinking further.
- Experience in managing team members, clients, projects, and vendors a must.
- Experience interacting with the media.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accomodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accomodation would cause an undue harship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.