At WellStar, we all share common goals. That's what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Echo Tech (Cardiac Sonographer) functions under the direction of the System Manager or Chief Technologist and is responsible for performing all cardiac imaging; which includes, if performed at your designated facility, adult, pediatric, trans esophageal and stress echocardiograms. Performs measurements and calculations according to laboratory protocol, provides written or an oral summary of preliminary findings to the interpreting Physician, is responsible for the safety and well-being of all patients in the Echo department, must possess the ability to communicate effectively with the patient(s) and health care team, performs other work related duties as assigned. Must be available to take call, work weekends and Holidays on a rotating basis.
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent from accredited program required. Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography program or an accredited Cardiovascular Technology program preferred.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum of one year experience in echocardiography
Required Minimum Certification
- Active certification through American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS). Basic Life Support through American Heart Association required. Current compliance with continuing medical education (CME) requirements for specialty(ies) as appropriate
Required Minimum Skills
- Extensive knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, and pathology Considerable knowledge of echocardiographic techniques, procedures and equipment
- Ability to produce quality echocardiogram images
- Ability to react quickly and effectively during emergency situations
- Ability to comprehend and execute complex oral and written instructions
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, patients, families, and physicians