Requisition Number: DOCUM02676
Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, an international law firm, is actively recruiting two Document Processors. The Document Processor provides document processing services to external and internal clients ensuring the firm’s high quality service expectations are met. These positions work a 3 day overnight shift.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Formats and revises complex documents from handwritten drafts, digital dictation, electronic files or other media, or by scanning, or utilizing sophisticated software packages (not limited to) Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Publisher, Visio, WordPerfect, AIA, Adobe Acrobat, Nuance, Best Authority and Change-Pro or other redlining software.
2. Prints and proofreads all work with a high degree of proficiency to meet stated objectives for accuracy. Audits and reproofs work assignments, as directed by a Document Processing Supervisor.
3. Utilizes desktop publishing software, graphics and spreadsheet programs to create, revise and print a variety of materials. Plans, develops and translates ideas and concepts into visual layout of text, photos or illustrations for newsletters, announcements, invitations, brochures, posters, manuals, overheads or other presentation materials, and collaborates with onsite resources to determine and execute printing specifications.
4. Converts files using specialized conversion packages or standard software and performs document cleanup functions.
5. Performs electronic filings as needed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Minimum of three years of strong word processing experience required; some desktop publishing and a minimum of two years’ experience in a law office or other legal environment desirable.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Accurate typing of at least 65 wpm and excellent word processing skills, including excellent spelling and grammar, and accuracy with strict attention to detail. Must be proficient in all aspects of desktop publishing or design programs such as PowerPoint, Publisher and Visio. Must possess knowledge and skill in graphic design and layout and some knowledge of printing and production methods. Must possess the ability to develop concepts and suggest innovative solutions or modify existing concepts. Must be familiar with legal documents and capable of making sound judgments in the absence of clear instructions. Work requires knowledge of office and legal terminology and practices. Ability to work well under pressure, patience, diplomacy, high stress tolerance, excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to prioritize workload and adapt to changing conditions. Visual acuity needed for transcription, extensive reading and input (typing) of information into computer. Must possess solid technical skills and must attain and maintain an exceptionally high level of proficiency on all firm-supported applications. Ability to receive and convey detailed information through oral and written communication. Must be self-disciplined and able to work with and/or in a remote team environment. Essential competency processes include language ability, reasoning and memory. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the aptitude and attitude to perform proficiently each of the responsibilities and accountabilities described above, with or without reasonable accommodation.
EEO/drug-free workplace/E-Verify participant/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by the OFCCP here.
The information offered on this site does not constitute an express or implied contract, and may be modified or revoked without notice at the discretion of Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP.