“Hulcher Services, Inc. is a distinguished nationwide services contractor serving the railroads, general industry, and government sectors. Our unwavering commitment to operational excellence and safety defines our purpose. With our corporate headquarters in Denton, Texas, and a strategic network of over 31 divisions spanning the United States and Mexico, we are poised to deliver unparalleled service to our esteemed clientele.
General Summary: Provides leadership in all division activities within assigned areas, including production, distribution, and marketing operations to meet customer service requirements. Works with other divisions and Hulcher Business Units to resolve all internal and external Customer and Community relations issues that impact assigned customers and communities.
Positions reporting to this position: Assistant Division Managers, Assistant Division Manager Trainees, Operators, and Laborers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a plan to clean up derailed railroad cars & engines,
- Track construction, rail cargo transfer services
- Environmental emergency response services or other projects use materials, machines, and employees efficiently, directing the crew.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations to problem-solve customer concerns and analyze customer needs and/or sales opportunities.
- •Maintains a safe, positive, and productive work environment and directs the division’s achievement of its safety, financial, and customer satisfaction goals
- Schedules and coordinates, in conjunction with foreman/assistant division personnel, assignments to meet customers’ demands on emergency and non-emergency bases
- Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in the area
- Utilizes local market knowledge and competition to collaborate with the Sales team in the development initiatives in new markets•Assists with the analysis, computation, and presentation of bids
- Schedules and implements maintenance and repair of field equipment and division facility.
- Reviews production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable division operations
- Hires, trains, supervises, regularly evaluates performance, and counsels division staff. Ensures proper orientation of staff into the
Educational Requirements: High School or equivalent
Preferred Education: bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Required: (All Divisions) A valid driver's license. Extensive knowledge of the State permit requirements and procedures.
Experience Requirements: Three or more years of related experience in supervising heavy mechanical equipment and field operations, including administrative, wrecking/derailment or environmental remediation, mechanical, safety, and leadership experience in the railroad or environmental industry. Three or more years of experience operating heavy mechanical equipment is preferred.
Knowledge/ Skills: (qualify the level of skill required for this role: entry, intermediate, advanced)
Ability to effectively communicate technical information to all types of people, both verbally and in writing; strong communication, decision-making, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of railcar derailment operations
- Knowledge of railcar loading and tie-down operations
- Knowledge of heavy equipment operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of DOT driver's logs and compliance
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift/carry materials up to 50 lbs.
Travel: Subject to long, irregular hours and 24-hour on-call availability, Must be able to travel 75% of the time. Driving for extended periods. On call 24/7 unless scheduled for time off.
Working Conditions: Indoor and external working environments. Regularly exposed to noisy, loud environments; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, explosives, risk of radiation, and vibration.
The position interacts with External and Internal contacts: Field and Corporate management and personnel, customers, contract staff, suppliers, and vendors.