Director of Finance - New Property - Atlanta, GA
Req Number: 29651
Director of Finance - New Property - Atlanta, GA
Join and lead the pre-opening team for a new Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants property! Slated to open in 2022, this property will be a new build, 230-key hotel that will be part of a larger mixed-use development in Midtown Atlanta close to the Arts District. The hotel will include a restaurant/bar on the ground level, and a mezzanine lounge bar, almost 5200 SF of meeting space, and a Fitness Center. The larger development includes 600,000 SF Class A Office Space, 355 apartments and ground floor retail.
Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
Provide the support, financial knowledge, and expertise as a key business manager of the company to assist all levels of management in providing hospitality service of the highest quality to guests worldwide. Assist the General Managers (GMs) in achieving established business goals. Direct the accounting and control functions at the property, while ensuring timely reporting of operating results and maintain the integrity of the management information system.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Supervise all accounting functions for your property.
- Prepare the financial documents within the time frames supplied in the closing schedule and according to the Company Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the Uniform System of Accounts.
- Analyze and interpret financial results in order to assist and advise the GMs and Home Office team.
- On a monthly basis, maintain balance sheet analysis with full supporting detail and prepare accurate forecasts and cash flow statements upon request.
- Prepare timely and accurate sales, use, and occupancy tax returns as well as any other external reports or returns as deemed necessary.
- Ensure successful treasury cash management, compliance with the management agreement and attendant legal documents.
- Ensure integrity and efficiency of computerized data processing functions.
- Ensure all financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and other information required by the company are accurately compiled and submitted within the specified time limits, identifying variances, and making recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
- Review forecasts and budgets prepared by management teams to make sure owners, GMs, and Home Office are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statutory and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the property's assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Coach department heads regarding their financial responsibilities and effective financial management techniques.
- Continuously monitor economic, social, and governmental trends and policies to ensure that management is kept fully apprised of any implications that may affect the performance of the hotel or restaurant in meeting its financial objectives.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Studies is required, Master's degree and/or CPA is a plus.
- 2 to 3 years of Director level experience in hospitality finance is preferred.
- Property opening experience a plus.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or similar accounting package, Outlook soft/BPC is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, current on technology expertise and know-how.
- Excellent financial modeling, project management, and critical thinking skills with a strong work ethic.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Kimpton Wade Hotel - Midtown Atlanta