Dialysis Charge Nurse RN
Did you know that some of the industry’s most talented and caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.
The Charge Nurse is responsible for the supervision of nursing personnel in order to ensure every patient receives the safest care with the highest quality optimal outcomes.
This position is full-time, 4 days/week.
- Coordinates with the Clinical Supervisor/Nurse Manager the scheduling of patients to ensure accommodations of all patients; matching patient needs with staff capabilities and experiences to maximize staffing resources
- Assists patient care staff as necessary in initiating, monitoring, and termination of dialysis treatments
- Supervises initial and ongoing patient education; Review and document patient education as necessary to ensure compliance with ESRD Network, regulatory agencies, as well as DCI’s CQI Program and the individual clinic’s requirements
- Obtains consent forms and reviews all information for the new patients before they begin initial treatments
- Communicates patient problems to physician; implements and documents orders
- Oversees monthly patient lab work in accordance with the clinic’s policies and procedures
- Oversees primary nursing teams for completion of monthly assignments
- Participates in patient care conferences, medical rounds, and reviewing charts
- Assists in the teaching and training of new staff members as directed and supervised by the Education Coordinator, the Clinical Supervisor and/or the Nurse Manager
- Completion from an accredited Registered Nursing Program
- Maintain a current license in the state as a registered nurse
- Six months experience in a dialysis is preferred
- Experience in critical care nursing is preferred
- Experience in a supervisory role is preferred
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: