Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Data Scientist II to join our talented team in Atlanta, GA. As a Data Scientist II, you will be a pivotal member of our team where you will be responsible for anticipating future business needs and identifies opportunities for complex analysis.
You will gather and analyze data to solve and address highly complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and provide prescriptive solutions that support decision making. You need to be able to explore and understand data and build advanced analytical models, then present and discuss the resulting models to any level of audience. You will design and drive the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools for Cox Automotive.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they're just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Under the direction of senior team members, interpret and develop solutions to business problems using different techniques, such as statistics, optimization tools, machine learning techniques, and other methods.
- Contrute to all phases of an analytics project, including formulation, research, development, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision-makers.
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the field and research and suggest new methodologies.
Required Experience (minimum):
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Proven experience applying descriptive and predictive statistics and statistical inference to real-world problems
- An understanding of one or more of the following is required:
- Statistics: Generalized linear models, time series models, and forecasting techniques
- Optimization: Linear and mixed integer optimization and discrete event simulation
- Machine Learning: Common supervised and unsupervised ML models, including decision trees, nearest neighbor models, and neural nets; and a standard ML library, e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow
- Experience with a Statistical Programming Language, e.g., SAS, R
- Fluency in general programming language, e.g., Python
- Experience querying relational databases using SQL
- Ability to present findings clearly and concisely to team members and data science leadership
- Other duties as needed or required
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or related quantitative field
- BS/BA with 3 years' experience; MS with up to 2 years' experience
What We Look For (preferred):
- Experience with AWS services, e.g., EMR, Redshift, Athena