Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection, not only with our products and services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with us, and lets build a better future together.
The Data Analyst II for Inventory & Material Management is a specialist on issues related to reporting, analysis, and metrics with strong understanding. Typically assigned to larger, moderately complex projects requiring independent decision-making. Output is periodically reviewed by others. Partners with cross-functional teams and stakeholders on ideas and solutions that impact operational results.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provides and conducts analytic efforts to support business operations, which may include budget modeling.
- Writes reports, creates charts, presentations and timelines in support of department or business operations.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves discrepancies in analytical procedure or cross-functional methods.
- Interprets operational requirements for inclusion in studies and analyses.
- Provides recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives.
- Works with outside expertise engaged to assist or deliver analytic projects.
- May write code to automate reports and templates and consolidate data into reports and knowledge.
- Uses and may program statistical analysis software.
- Supports capability development within the delivery organization, including reviews and gap assessments, and works to source and deliver strategies.
- 2 or more years of experience in related field (i.e., data analysis, metrics, etc.)
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- BS/BA degree in related discipline; Master's degree in a related discipline strongly preferred
- Exposure to or experience with a supply chain logistics or operations, warehouse operations, or a related field