Customer Success Manager (EveryAction)
Are you a passionate innovator looking to harness the power of technology to do more good? You’ve come to the right place. At Bonterra, our purpose is to power those who power social impact. To that end, we serve the people who make social good possible—the doers behind the scenes across nonprofits, public agencies, corporations, philanthropic organizations, and foundations.
As the second-largest and fastest-growing social good software company in the world, Bonterra brings together leading solutions from CyberGrants, EveryAction, Network for Good, Social Solutions, and their respective entities. By bringing our intuitive technology and expertise together, Bonterra will enable unprecedented connectivity between social good organizations and their community of supporters and constituents. This will reshape philanthropic giving, empower digital transformation, and bring the social good sector the technology it needs to accelerate lasting social change.
We are currently operating as a remote workforce and have equipped our teams with the technology to stay connected to each other and our customers.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by CWA Local 1400, 2336 or 13000.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Customer Success Managers report to the Director of Customer Success and will “own” a portfolio of premier clients. Our Customer Success Managers are responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with users, acting as an escalation point for issues that impact customer success and responding to retention risks and opportunities. As a member of the Customer Success Team, this position will aim to expand product adoption, retention, and ultimately, success. Customer Success Managers work to become not just product experts, but a valued resource in SaaS organizing technology, best practices, and digital campaign management.
- Professionally manage customer relationships with a portfolio of assigned accounts
- Monitor client health and engagement using internal dashboards and regular health checks to proactively identify at-risk clients and establish retention and success plans moving forward
- Own all aspects of the client renewals process, with a focus on high net retention
- Build and maintain strong, trusted working relationships with key decision makers and power users from onboarding to end of client lifecycle.
- Gain a thorough understanding of assigned client’s needs, campaign objectives, and processes to ensure that they successfully adopt and deploy our products.
- Ensure that customers derive maximum value from our products.
- Collaborate with the sales organization to ensure a successful client lifecycle with opportunities for renewal, cross-sell and upsell.
- Identify risks to customer success and aggressively/proactively engage the client whenever there’s an identified retention issue.
- Develop and execute retention plans for customers who may be at risk.
- Closely track client engagement activity and risk potential in Salesforce and similar platforms.
- Drive resolution of escalated account issues in coordination with Billing, Support, and other departments.
- Gain and maintain an expert knowledge of our products and services.
- Be a voice for accounts internally and help senior leadership understand product concerns, shortcomings, and missing features that are retention risks.
- Manage contract related inquiries, questions, and issues from clients and other departments.
- Continuously improve internal processes, technologies, and workflow to enrich client experience, maximize efficiency of internal teams, and drive results.
- This position may require occasional travel to client sites.
- 3+ years proven achievement in a Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role for a SaaS company
- Experience working with large enterprise customers
- Experience with account portfolio planning, management, and prioritization
- High attention to detail and willingness to get “in the weeds” to fix a problem
- Comfortable navigating and mediating conflict while being able to foster honest dialog
- Knowledge of customer success best practices
- Experience driving client adoption of technology or software products
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a passion for process and business systems, as well as process improvement ideation
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Onboarding, Support)
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk or Gainsight
- Direct experience working at a nonprofit, or in the fundraising, advocacy, or digital marketing industry
- 5+ years proven achievement in a Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or similar role for a SaaS company with a designated portfolio of clients
About Social Solutions Global
Our team is made up of industry experts and advocates who are 100% committed to supporting the doers of social good. We are currently undergoing an effort to create the vision and values that embody our collective organization and embrace the individuals who make up our community.
Some of our comprehensive and competitive benefits include:
- Generous PTO policy
- Equity for ALL regular, full-time employees from individual contributors to management – share in our success!
- Up to 15 paid company holidays including some commemorating social justice events and self-care
- Paid volunteer time
- Resources for savings and investments
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs.
- Opportunities to learn, develop, network, and connect
- When we can—company-sponsored events and swag!!
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.