Continuous Improvement Manager
We are partnering with a company in the aerospace industry who is looking to add a Continuous Improvement Manager to their team in the Atlanta facility.The Continuous Improvement Manager will manage and direct all business processes, including manufacturing and office, with a primary focus of driving lean manufacturing and continuous improvement concepts throughout the company. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing a lean manufacturing enterprise utilizing lean concepts to include Kaizen events, training, visual production systems, Kanban, 6S and other six sigma tools. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with an established manufacturing company.
- Seeks and evaluates process improvement and lean practices, information, materials, and methods to match specific organizational needs as outlined by management, and adapts them to use in the execution of process improvement events.
- Presents, facilitates and leads assigned process improvement events using methods of culture-appropriate team building, team energizing, data gathering and analysis, problem solving, project management and state of the art presentation and platform skills.
- Facilitate and perform in-house workshops using six sigma tools to map processes and identify key areas of improvement. Directly responsible for executing project action items, as needed.
- Participates in and coordinates the development of event charters and scheduling of the events. Works with departmental management to assure appropriate participation and support. Assists in locating and reserving meeting locations and coordinating the delivery of services and materials necessary for a successful event.
- Provides event follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement implementation to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected benefits. Uses appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements.
- Develops reports of overall Continuous Improvement activities including accomplishments, participation, projected activities, and anticipated needs.
- Monitor monthly production output to identify problems with delivery, quality, margins, inventory, and productivity. Develop and implement corrective action to ensure that each problem is addressed and corrected.
- Coordinate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting among direct reports and submit to the appropriate people. Identify and develop reports necessary to effectively manage continuous improvement plans to meet our overall company objectives.
- Coordinates with related departments and functions to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction.
- Prepares purchase information for departmental management review to identify materials, software and other resources required for effective implementation of Continuous Improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten (10) or more years of related business experience required. Experience with setting up work cells required.
- experience working in a job shop environment manufacturing environment
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification