Computer Scientist I
Our client seeks qualified candidates for the position of Computer Scientist I. The role of this position is to develop state-of-the-art software tools and applications in support of DoD and industry partners. The successful candidate will conduct sponsored research projects in close collaboration with other scientists and engineers, especially in the fields of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
Software development domains will include: rapid prototyping; creating integrated software across multiple programming languages and platforms; and implementing novel AI and ML solutions to difficult problems in multiple domains.
Our client offers stability, world-class benefits, and a flexible career path in an applied research and development environment.
- Writing, translating, and coding software programs, applications, tools, and prototypes according to specifications.
- Developing new algorithms and improve existing ones.
- Investigating and staying at the forefront of technology (Software Development, Programming Languages, etc.).
- Working closely with business analysts, software engineers, and users to understand client needs and create optimal software and technology solutions to address those needs.
- Review and validate software/hardware requirements and functional design specifications.
Education & Length of Experience
Research Engineer/Scientist I
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field of study.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidates currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program relevant to this position will be considered. Candidate must have a graduation date of no later than December 2020.
- Experience working in a dev/ops environment and with agile management (i.e. scrum).
- Experience with Linux, Jenkins, Docker, and/or Cypress
- Experience using various add-on frameworks for software development (i.e. Reactjs, scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Mathematics and science background
- Coursework in artificial intelligence or machine learning
- Ability to setup and maintain personal software integrated development environments
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our client’s research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hire